Splinter Cell 3 don't work with DT 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell 3 don't work with DT 4

Splinter Cell don't work with DT v4. I should install a patch or something else to work. Tell me what I can do, ,please...

How did you create your image? Did you unplug your optical IDE drives? You'll need to do that for games protected with the latest copy protections to work.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      How did you create your image? Did you unplug your optical IDE drives? You'll need to do that for games protected with the latest copy protections to work.
      That's the most absurd solution I've ever heard.

Comment

It's not absurd, that is what you have to do. Either you do it with SFN or manually.
        It's because almost every copy protection has blacklisted SCSI drives, doesn't mather if they real or not.
        When a optical IDE drive is detected, the copy protection doesn't accept SCSI drives.
        Last edited by Methadon; 16.11.2005, 15:32.

Comment

Originally Posted by SlimShady
          That's the most absurd solution I've ever heard.
          Obviously you've never heard of StarForce. Want to know what's really absurd? Not being able to play a game from a SCSI drive if you have an ATAPI (IDE optical) drive in your machine. THAT is why you have to unplug your IDE disc drives prior to mounting and playing a game that uses StarForce, such as SC:CT. There's also another method that uses SFCure and SFNightmare to disable your CD/DVD IDE drives, but advanced versions of StarForce can still detect your drives if the parallel ribbon cable is still plugged in. DT4 w/ the IDE jammer and DT4 Pro should make this much easier, specifically no physical unplugging.

Arb

Comment

SC-CT does work, ive played it first time ever without disc, you need make alcohol image (im told others work but i tell you why i used this method in minute) then you can download a new .mds and this mounts in daemon tools V4 instead of .mds you made along with your .mdf (obv your gonna have big image on hdd alltime but no disc in rom tray, you will still need to dissable roms, i do it by setting bios to turn of eide as my hdd is sata, i dont know if device manager is enough for this older game, i mostly hang pc using starforcefucker/nightmare so i dont like them.

I also got Chrome to go futher than before passing disk test but it stays at black screen with little whitr hand cursor.

Trackmania Sunrise now wroks with roms dissables and image in DTv4, before i had to dissble roms and use a mix of 2 tools to get it to run without disk, and bonus is the new FREE addon out other day you can download and install if you have Trackmania Sunrise installed, (http://www.gamershell.com/news/26278.html)

Comment

Don't you like it Methadon when people with one post start from the first one to be smarter than the rest? It seems that the search function on this forum is hidden somewhere very well.
              Peace!

p.s. some dude pissed me off because of the same thing. If my post has nothing to do with the thread I demand to be erased. SlimShady be evasive!
              Last edited by kukubau; 16.11.2005, 15:44.
              So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

I've managed to get it working. Unplug your drives, and enable all emulations. Im using SCCT without the patches, incase it don't work afterwards.

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
                  I've managed to get it working. Unplug your drives, and enable all emulations. Im using SCCT without the patches, incase it don't work afterwards.
                  Patch it! it works, tested up to latest 1.05
                  No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I dont see any advantages of patch.

Comment

The Easiest Way Possible. Remove your IDE cables. Set all options on in DT4 and mount the image. Now it works. Even with 1.05 patch.

Comment

Well i am a newbie here i dont know what u ppl have been saying all the from the start of this topic.I want to ask u in order to run this game i will need to pull out the cables from my cd and combo drive

Comment

Originally Posted by aitzaz
                          Well i am a newbie here i dont know what u ppl have been saying all the from the start of this topic.I want to ask u in order to run this game i will need to pull out the cables from my cd and combo drive
                          Yup. Unplug the power cables (red-black-black-yellow), they're easier to remove.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                            Yup. Unplug the power cables (red-black-black-yellow), they're easier to remove.
                            I think they both are easy do disable, BUT the IDE cable can be a pain in the as to plug in again, especially if it's dark.

Comment

:P I was just too lazy to write that... But yes, they are both easy to remove. True.

Comment

Working...
                              X