Safedisc not working with v4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safedisc not working with v4

I decided to download and upgrade to Daemon v4 after uninstalling v3.47. Firstly, congrats works well on a couple of backups I had trouble loading before. But now I have to turn Safedisc emulation off in order to run any of the Sims 2 games. Not sure what made this change but it worked fine in v3.47. Suggestions?

i would say that it has the settings that you last played the sims on, on my com daemon tools 4 made my hiding tools not work at all, but when im finished with a game i restored, best to just unistall the software or even reinstall the sims

Comment

Hello !

Yes, it is impossible to play Sims 2 Nightlife with Safedisk emulation ON. The game doesn't start anyway, and If we try a second time, ~df394b.tmp error happens.

I tried some other games, but I found problems only with Sims2, protection : safedisk 4.00.001

I had to disable safedisk emulation , and play the game with another emulation software.
      Version 3.47 worked flawlessly with Sims2

Comment

I couldn't get Safedisc emulation to work on Civ 4 Clone CD (uses SafeDisc 4). is D tools still blacklisted?

Comment

Did you try unplugging your optical IDE drives?
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by karthikkumar
            is D tools still blacklisted?
            DT v4 isn't blacklisted but SCSI drives are.

Comment

Well, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no joy. Ended up reverting back to 3.47. Weird thing is that I could get my backups of Civ4, SW Battlefront II and Matrix PON to work just not this game...go figure...

Comment

Same problem here with Sims 2 Nightlife and daemon tools 4. Daemon tools 3.47 does not have this problem as I uninstalled Daemon tools 4 and reinstalled 3.47 and Sims 2 starts up without any problems.

Comment

Same problem here with Daemon4 and The Sims 2 - it simply doesn't work. So I will go back to Daemon 3.47 too.

Comment

I think the safedisc emulation in v4 still refers to safedisc versions <= 2. Safedisc 3 and 4 aren't supported? Can a developer clear this up?
                    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X