Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scsi Nvidia Driver Under Raid x DT4 restart the PC

I'm trying run Kink Kong game using DT4,
    but I found a big problem when i try run the game using Raid on nvidia. DT4 have a big bug probrably with Scsi Driver it or with Nvidia Raid Driver. My configuration is working on Nvidia Raid and Atlhon 64 using windows XP 32 bits. When i run the game on my usual Xp, its just restart my pc when the startforce was checking the cd (or image) , by the way , if a run the game , using the same configuration, replace just a Hard disk, using normal IDE, the problem not appear. But if i mount the game, with Alcohol, using my usual PC (whit raid) its works completely. So, i think that have a big bug with DT4 scsi Driver or with Nvidia Raid.

And my pc was installed under ACPI configuration.

I have the same issue.
    I have 2x SATA drives in RAID, and under 'IDE ATA?ATAPI controllers' I have:
    NVIDIA nFrorce4 Parallel ATA Controller
    NVIDIA nFrorce4 Seiral ATA Controller

Also under 'SCSI and RAID controllers' I have:
    NVIDIA nForce(tm) RAID Class Controller
    NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA RAID Controller

.. after I installed DT4, and tried to mount game with StarForce protection - it installed properly, but tring to run it (when checking for CD, and that stuff) - it just reboots my PC.

Comment

the same configuration and the same problems for me. my computer is rebooting only when I try to mount a sf3 image and my optical drives are unplugged( or disabled from device manager). with other protections everythings goes fine.

Comment

Would you please give the link to NVidia RAID drivers you use
        so we could investigate them.

Comment

i'm using for the moment this

but also I tried and with another version (6,66 and 6,67) and the same problem.
          it's not very clear for me if this is what you need or other informations (for example maybe you need image file header of nvidiaraid.sys) .thank you very much anyway.

Comment

i'm using the lastest drivers for windows xp, always, for nforce 3, 5.11 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11) or 5.10, its the same drivers, only diferent about lan drivers.

The problem appear only when i trie run some games with startforce (tested with King Kong) protection when the game is checking the cd or image and after that, the windows restart without reason. If i run a simple test like the same game with the same computer, change only for one HD ATA, not using RAid, for example, the "startforce check" runs without problem and game load.

Comment

Funny or tragic, I'm not sure. Regardless, same setup. Nvidia Nforce4-SLI raid, and reboot during CD check.

Comment

ditto...same problem

Comment

thats exactly what's happening to me as well.
                  so it's to do with raid then?

i'm using the 5.10 nforce drivers.
                  Athlon X2 3800
                  2gb DDR400
                  6800nu -> 16x6
                  2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

not necessary, the problen can be with scsi driver DT4 , or DT4 driver with Nvidia driver or some issue with XP and DT4. I just know that without Raid, its works

Comment

I too was having the issue, just finished reinstalling my OS about an hour ago, and don't have the issue anymore. I had origionally thought. But those still having the issue, help them out so they can find what is causing it, I don't think it has to do with nVidia or SATA however.

Maybe Raid, I use IDE Raid "Highpoint Rocketraid Ultra 133" on the machine I was having issues with.

Machine was due a reinstall anyhow, been a while..
                      Last edited by Dllfile; 17.11.2005, 08:41.
                      No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

so you're saying it's raid in general?
                        hmmm... big problem. i do not like the idea of going back to a single drive.

i'm quite happy to help to help sort out this problem any way i can. anybody else with raid having this issue?
                        Athlon X2 3800
                        2gb DDR400
                        6800nu -> 16x6
                        2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

no, im saying reinstalling fixed my problem, im still using raid.

Just saying it could be related to drivers, such as Raid and Chipset drivers.

Also have noticed on some applications I am getting some spikes in explorer.exe on CPU usage, where as before installing DT4 I didnt have a problem with high CPU usage. So again, im not sure if it is related to chipset/drivers/cpu. or even Raid in particular.
                          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I reinstalled, format my pc twice and the problem always the same. The same pc with the same configuration on raid DT4 always restart the pc when startforce check disk. The problem not appear when i mount the game with Alcohol on same pc, the same game with the same startforce check . Its could be a bug with driver that Dt4 use to mount images,probably its cause some bug with Raid. I dont know whats the problem, if its about nvidia driver or not, maybe not, but i hope that the problem wiil be resolved in the next release

Comment

well guys

im useing the nvidia v6.70 nforce 4 drivers.

i unplugged my optical drives then went into windows and useing starforce nightmare i selected disable cd + node

then i tryed to run the game with the image mounted useing daemon tools v4 with rpms selected and midway though the verification my pc rebooted and i couldnt understand why lol
                              i know its not my hardware and has something to do with daemon tools v4 where the problem lies and i was right.

i did all the same above but this time i didnt use daemon tools v4 to mount the image i used alcohol 120% with rpms emulation selected and started the game up 2 seconds later the game booted and i was playing it WOOOHOOO.

so guys please get this problem fixed in the version you release at the weekend that has the vide hider thingy lol

this method works for all my starforce games useing alcohol 120% GTLEGENDS + KINGKONG work like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X