Disconnect Drives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect Drives?

I have been looking around on the forums since even before release, and I am confused.

Okay, there are no IDE Jammers. So that means we still need to disconnect drives and what not for Starforce. However, I have seen many posts about NOT having to disconnect the drives.

So could somebody possibly elaborate? Do we actually have to still disconnect (looks like that from my tests)? Or is there a way to not have to? Am I just misunderstanding what those guys are saying (not likely, but who knows)? Are they full of crap (probably pretty likely)?

Thanks.

Either way, the new release is nice. I will probably stick with Alcohol120% until DT4 pro (or the IDE blocker), but it is great to finally see DT4 released.
    Last edited by Gundato; 16.11.2005, 17:29.

Unplug or use SFNightmare. Copy protections blacklist SCSI drives if you have ide drives. until the jammer comes out, thats the only method. Its hassle but it works.

Comment

That's right, it's just that SFNightmare won't work on new versions of SF, that's why some people unplug and others don't, depends on the version of SF of the game you are playing.

Comment

Ah. Thanks, I was wondering what people were talking about. It just seemed odd that some people said they didn't have to, and others did.

On a side note, are there any good tutorials for how to use SFNightmare? I grabbed one of the various SF proggies before, and decided it better to not fiddle around with the settings at random.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gundato
          I grabbed one of the various SF proggies before, and decided it better to not fiddle around with the settings at random.
          Very wise choice. Fiddling around with SFN at random can have dire consequences for your OS. That's why I'm just going to wait for the IDE jammer

Arb

Comment

It's true, I am playing X3 using only DT4 and my game image, my ide drives are left plugged in and I don't use any tools. Loads of people are finding this is the case with many SF games.
            My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

Originally Posted by Da_Junka
              It's true, I am playing X3 using only DT4 and my game image, my ide drives are left plugged in and I don't use any tools. Loads of people are finding this is the case with many SF games.
              Do you not have any IDE optical drives in your computer? I'm not quite sure how you managed to get it to start without unplugging your IDE optical drives or using SFN, but congrats nevertheless. DT4 doesn't have the IDE jammer yet, so I'm not sure what's up with your system.

Arb

Comment

Yes, I do have a IDE optical drive (LG DVD burner) and yes it is still plugged and working.
                I am not the only one who's got this working without any tricks. I just made a image using Alcohol on my other computer, then installed DT4, mounted the X3 image (dident exspect it to work) but it booted up first time no problem.
                I have not tried any other SF games yet but reports from people like me say they are getting most SF games to work without tricks.
                My other computer is nearly the twin of my first yet it will not work on that one. I am trying all-sorts to find out what one comuter has that the other hasent.
                My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

Just get an ATA controller for like 20 bucks and plug your optical drives in there. It works perfectly for me and I don't need to disable anything.
                  Make sure it supports ATAPI though! Cheap and proper solution to the annoying IDE detection.

Comment

Working...
                  X