IDE confusion / clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE confusion / clarification

I did a search for IDE but it said nothing found. Which was odd.

I just want to clarify something here as I am a little confused, but from what I have read its telling me that at present DT4 will not work on a system that has IDE Harddrive or CD/DVD drive installed?

Is this correct?

It is not DT v4 that doesn't works with the optical IDE drives enabled, it is the copy protections, not all of them but mostly all the new ones. They have blacklisted SCSI drives.

The new copy protections only accept SCSI drives if no optical IDE drive is detected. And Daemon Tools is a SCSI emulator (so far).

So that is why you have to unplug your optical IDE drive.
    And you don't need to unplug your harddrive.

Comment

OK thats great then
      Waits for the XP64 edition...

Comment

do i have to unplug ? can't i do it from the bios?
        sorry about my lame english

Comment

Just if you want too...

Comment

What does SATA devices count as? My optical drive uses a SATA interface, so I'm wondering if I need to disable it, besides that I have 1 IDE harddrive, which I as far as I understand dont need to touch, and then some SATA harddrives.

Comment

Regarding your SATA optical drive, it depends on the controller it's attached to. If it's on a controller that natively recognizes the drives through the BIOS, then it's considered "IDE" by Windows. If it's on a seperate controller (such as Silicon Image) or RAID controller, then it's considered "SCSI" by Windows. For example, all of the Nforce3/4 chipsets support SATA that is natively recognized. The Via chipsets - on the other hand - do not natively recognize SATA drives (with one exception). If you're not sure about the SATA chipset in your system, you can also check the Device Manager, and it should show "SCSI Disk Device" at the end of the drive name if it's on a non-native controller.

Comment

Working...
              X