What exactly IDE Jammer is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly IDE Jammer is?

First of all, thank you for all your work on DT! I've installed v4 and it works great with all images of my games (mostly safedisc and starforce 7) if I disable all my IDE drivers

I've heard that in next version there will be an IDE Jammer. What is it exactly? A real IDE driver instead of the SCSI one, a way to hide all the IDE peripherals or something other ?

Thank you!

...and SORRY for the double post... I didn't think it took some time to appear on the forum

Comment

define: IDE Jammer

It disables and/or turns off your optical IDE devices attached to your motherboard's primary and/or secondary IDE channel.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

What exactly did Daemon 3.47 do then, I never disabled my IDE devices and I could run a mounted game or a disk game with no conflict issues whatsoever?

Comment

Isn't it useless ? Starforce detects all optical drive.If opticals drives are desactived on the bios, starforce still detect the drive.

Isn't it possible to make a IDE virtual drive ?

Comment

IDE Virtual Drive will be present in Daemon Tools Pro!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shuny
              If opticals drives are desactived on the bios, starforce still detect the drive.
              Starforce usually can't find them if they are disabled/deactivated properly.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by giopiar
                IDE Virtual Drive will be present in Daemon Tools Pro!
                Dont tell me that they will sell the "PRO" version. If so its kind of stupid considering the type of people that use Daemon tools in the first place.

Comment

Originally Posted by alexjl
                  Dont tell me that they will sell the "PRO" version. If so its kind of stupid considering the type of people that use Daemon tools in the first place.
                  What type of people do you mean? I don't like your insinuation. Let me remid you, DT is a tool for playing your games ( those you bought) from a backup copy, and is not instigating or not has anything to do with piracy.
                  So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

naivety is a tool best left to the ignorant. If you can't see that the majority of people who likely use this program are mounting illegal images they downloaded then you are unbelievably naive.

Comment

Originally Posted by syko21
                      naivety is a tool best left to the ignorant. If you can't see that the majority of people who likely use this program are mounting illegal images they downloaded then you are unbelievably naive.
                      You're kind of rude calling people naive, don't you think?

He didn't say it (DT used for illegal purposes) isn't happening, he said it's not what DT is for. For example, I use it to play the games I bought without hassling with the CDs. I couldn't care less if pirates will miss out on the Pro features (when it's released ) if they can't get a crack and don't want to pay for it.

Comment

Originally Posted by syko21
                        Frankly, I do not agree. I use it so I can keep legtimate images on a NAS device and I no longer have to scramble to find key CDs. With a software library the size of mine, that can definitely be a struggle.

Comment

Working...
                        X