StarforceNightmare and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarforceNightmare and others

Has anybody ever broke anything with StarforceNightmare or other programs like that? The readme says that the program might damage your CD-ROM/CD-DVD-ROM drive. Just thought that is it really happened to someone?
    ANYTHING that comes from Japan is GREAT. No exceptions.

Well for me the program doesn't work.
    I can disable the cd/dvd, but I cant enable it. Whenever i tried, the system crashed.
    I had to do a system restore to get it back.

I don't like that program at all, I rather disconnect my optical IDE drive manually.
    Last edited by Methadon; 16.11.2005, 21:14.

Comment

ANYTHING that comes from Japan is GREAT. No exeptions.
      Like what? Tell me one!

I was a bit suspicious after some time of using it, when seeing that I can not enable back any of the disabled devices, without restarting my pc. After a while I saw my drives disappearing, after being enbaled (when successfuly) and also after restarting my pc. That's the opticals and the hdds. I don't know what to say. After its performance I have my doubts.
      So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

well, well...

But.. I never used Starforce nightmare but I can say that you can disable cd-rom/dvd-rom/ide controller from the control panel of windows.. it is an easy and secure way to make the exact thing starforce nightmare do

Comment

Originally Posted by bryanondabeach
          But.. I never used Starforce nightmare but I can say that you can disable cd-rom/dvd-rom/ide controller from the control panel of windows.. it is an easy and secure way to make the exact thing starforce nightmare do
          That doesn't work for all copy protections. Some newer versions are able to detect it anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by kukubau
            ANYTHING that comes from Japan is GREAT. No exeptions.
            Like what? Tell me one!
            Anime!

chao, fix your signature. It's "exceptions", not "exeptions".
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I had problems. 100% cpu usage, BSODs. Had to reinstall my os to fix it :-(

Comment

Works just fine for me, actually on all 3 computers I have.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                  I can disable the cd/dvd, but I cant enable it. Whenever i tried, the system crashed.

I don't like that program at all, I rather disconnect my optical IDE drive manually.
                  The same issue here.
                  PS:I'm using NF4 mainboard.

Comment

Thanks for correcting me Nikos, my English might be a little rusty, though I was born in the USA in Oregon. And about Japan, you're absolutely correct!
                    ANYTHING that comes from Japan is GREAT. No exceptions.

Comment

d

[QUOTE=Nikos]Anime!

I don't get it how someone can watch and enjoy that crap(Anime I mean). It's just my personal opinion. Powerpopgirls was good but Anime?!?!?! Come oooooonnnnnnnnn!!!
                      So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Originally Posted by rockmanxy
                        Originally Posted by Methadon

The same issue here.
                        PS:I'm using NF4 mainboard.
                        Same too. Enable/disable node works.
                        I always put out my optical drive, that's very easy for me because i've a notebook!
                        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                        X