Maxi image & mini image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxi image & mini image

I just wanna know how to create maxi images, the ones that only 200k->1mb in size archived and after extract it reaches a normal 4 gb dvd image? I read about those images are filled with 0 bits and so on, but don't have a clue.
    Any input?
    So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Originally Posted by kukubau
    I just wanna know how to create maxi images, the ones that only 200k->1mb in size archived and after extract it reaches a normal 4 gb dvd image? I read about those images are filled with 0 bits and so on, but don't have a clue.
    Any input?

Open mds/mdf file with say UltraISO and delete all files. Then Save. This worked for older games but doesn't seem to work for new ones.

Comment

They replace the actual data with files that consist of zeros only. Since the copy protection does only check for the file layout, not for the file content, the resulting image will work like the original.
      It compresses so good because it is very easy to compress equal data. It's like telling you "this file is a collection of 6 million zeros" instead of sending the entire file byte per byte.
      You can benefit from this by enabling the NTFS compression Win2k/XP offers - the 4GB file will be very small on your disk. However apparently some protections (Starforce) don't work in NTFS compressed mode in v4.
      I filed a bug report for this a few minutes ago but I don't know if it can be fixed.

Comment

how do you make mini images? with alcohol i seem to get only the 4 gb ones
        BadIronTree The Frag Master
        http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/541/makedoniank1.gif

Comment

Working...
        X