IDE Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE Question

According to the DT4 instructions, u need to disable ur IDE drives. What exactly that mean? does that mean permanatelly or during installation? what exactly qualifies as IDE Drive?
    IDE CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or just HDs?

by disable u mean in the device manager? or unplug them? Do i need to disable them every time i ran a game from the Virtual Drive? .. is there documentation or detailed instructions?

thanx

Originally Posted by Z3R0-CooL
    According to the DT4 instructions, u need to disable ur IDE drives. What exactly that mean? does that mean permanatelly or during installation? what exactly qualifies as IDE Drive?
    IDE CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or just HDs?

by disable u mean in the device manager? or unplug them? Do i need to disable them every time i ran a game from the Virtual Drive? .. is there documentation or detailed instructions?

thanx
    It means that you must unplug your Optical drives (CD/DVD-Rom) from the Mainboard everytime you wanna play a game, this only means for StarForce protected games. SecuRom and SafeDisk games works well with IDE drives plugged.

Any questions ?
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

no exactly true :

Very last securom, safedisc and starforce check all the ide drives so for these 3 protection you need (when playing) to hide IDE device, that means unplug them but not necessary for example in a lot of cases Starforce NightMare do the job to hide the IDE devices without unpluging physically the IDE drives.

Olivier

Comment

Working...
      X