Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after reboot virtual drive dissapears?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after reboot virtual drive dissapears?!?

I tried to remove DT 3.46 (twice), and every time the PC would hang so I restarted it from the Reset button. Then the PnP BIOS Extension in Device Manager couldn't be uninstalled - PC would hang again... So I'm back with 3.46 but after reboot virtual drive dissapears. Double-clicking on the DT icon puts it back in My Computer and successfully launches DT, but it wasn't like that before reinstalling it. It's kinda annoying... How can I fix it?

P.S. Before returning to version 3.46 I installed & removed v4 (because of the PnP BIOS thingy), could that have left some files on my PC?
    There is no knowledge that is not power

Check threads about disappearing drives and how to remove v4 in common problems and solutions forum.
    Note that the hang with the PnP BIOS Extension is probably caused by some anti blacklisting tool which denied access to related registry key - undo the changes of the tool you used, then try again (if you want).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Check threads about disappearing drives and how to remove v4 in common problems and solutions forum.
      Note that the hang with the PnP BIOS Extension is probably caused by some anti blacklisting tool which denied access to related registry key - undo the changes of the tool you used, then try again (if you want).
      First of all, thanks for the answer I read the topics, but I still have a few questions. Is StarFuck an anti blacklisting tool? Because it is the only tool I've used (v0.83), but that is long gone... Don't think I had anything else. As for my CD burning software - I had Alcohol 120% installed, removed it ages ago. Currently I have Nero 6.6 and UltraISO 7 ... The drivers for the virtual drive are: cdrom.sys, storprop.dll, redbook.sys (so far so good), and additionally - imapi.sys and PxHelp20.sys (description says "Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP", Company:Sonic Solutions) In Reg. key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} the value of LowerFilters is PxHelp20.sys, UpperFilters has no value. Should I edit/delete something? Cause I'm a little confused, sorry...

Comment

Try to remove pxhelp20.sys from list of filter drivers, ensure you correct registry!
        And for sure StarFuck is some kind of anti-blacklisting tool.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

will do

Thanks, I'll do that, I'll remove the old DT, but first I'll wait for the update of DT4 (this version is an "in between step", right) so I don't have to "fight" with your lovely app again Right now I'm wondering : I have the DT4 drivers in my system (mentioned in "How to remove DAEMON Tools V4" in the "Common Problems and Solutions" forum), but also 2 other drivers: sptd7533.sys (not mentioned anywhere, guess it's OK), and... atapi.sys - not new, but changed somehow - its desription in the folder is missing! Can't be seen! Is that normal? Does DT4 change that driver?
          (compared the drivers thanks to an image of my system partition created with Norton Ghost right before I tried to remove old and install new DT. Simply explored the image, why didn't I think of it before???) Also sometimes when I try to launch DT a message appears - "Invalid device"...

Comment

DAEMON Tools does not touch atapi.sys

sptd7533.sys is part of the sptd installation and is OK to delete.

If you see the "Invalid device" message see if DAEMON Tools reports and error message and look in device manager before and afterwards and report what you see.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
              ...If you see the "Invalid device" message see if DAEMON Tools reports and error message and look in device manager before and afterwards and report what you see.
              When the "Invalid device" message appears, the only difference in Device Manager is that daemon.exe is active. When I click on the "OK" button, daemon.exe closes. All the other processes are the same before and after I start DT. No change. Also after the message I have to double click on the DT icon again, because daemon isn't in the systray.
              And there is no error message except "Invalid device", that's all the info that shows.
              While there's no virtual drive (after reboot) and I use SR7Stop it says "there's nothing to hide". Launching DT allows SR7Stop to hide d346prt... It's like after reboot every time I launch DT for the first time it installs its drivers all over again?!?

Comment

Working...
              X