PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Tools 4.0 and awxDTools

Prospero424
17.11.2005, 04:41
Does anyone know of any way to get awxDTools working with the new version?

Is it already working for any of you?

Is there any comparable program out there that will allow right-click mounting with the new version?

Thanks!

Copytrooper
17.11.2005, 11:56
You've to wait for v4 compatible version of 3rd party add-ons.

alexjl
17.11.2005, 20:49
I'm going back to the version prior to v3.47.

awxDTools IMO is a NEEDED feature that DT needs to incorporate. Why? Mounting images over a network that are multi dirs thick SUCKS. But having a right click/mount feature kicks ass!

Bamse
24.11.2005, 14:46
already did

JoelEllison
24.11.2005, 19:24
You already did what, waited or gone to 3.47?

al1uk
25.11.2005, 15:24
use .bat files to load your images.

rip_pit
25.11.2005, 17:45
use .bat files to load your images.
what kind of bat / what command lines do you use ? can you give some samples like to mount/unmount on a drive ? thx

AnalCobra
25.11.2005, 18:12
what kind of bat / what command lines do you use ? can you give some samples like to mount/unmount on a drive ? thx
Look into DAEMON Tools Help:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php?helppage=16#commandlineswitches

al1uk
25.11.2005, 18:12
I use this to mount Far Cry mini image:

----------------------------------
FAR CRY - MOUNT PROCEDURE

cd C:\program files\daemon tools\

start daemon.exe -mount 0, "C:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\Games\farcry.mds"

Unmount Procedure:

FAR CRY UMOUNT PROCEDURE

cd C:\program files\daemon tools\

start daemon.exe -unmount 0

You have to set at least one vdrive for this to work manually via dt, and also uncheck secure mode. if secure mode is on, the it'll ask for confirmation everytime.

match the program folder to the same as your pc, and the file paths.
more info here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php?helppage=16#commandlineswitches

NOTE: im only using this until a new version of daemon script comes out.

al1uk
25.11.2005, 18:21
Look into DAEMON Tools Help:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php?helppage=16#commandlineswitches

The help file isn't 100% clear.

rip_pit
25.11.2005, 18:59
wouah ! thanx you very much for this tip. It really works...
noobs:
1)Click Start then Execute or simply [WIN]+R
2)type the 3 letters cmd (=command) and press ENTER
3)just follow the mount procedure given by al1uk

AnalCobra
25.11.2005, 22:51
You could have a look at this, too.
http://brucebeh.com/automount.htm

Basin
26.11.2005, 03:12
I use a batch file like this :
@echo off
start /wait /D"C:\Applications\DAEMON Tools\" daemon.exe -mount 1,"C:\somegameiso"
start /wait /D"C:\somegamefolder" somegame.exe
start /wait /D"C:\Applications\DAEMON Tools\" daemon.exe -unmount 1
exit

This will mount your game, wait while it runs, then unmount the image again. It will do it on your second virtual drive. To use the first change the 1s to 0s.

eldakka
27.11.2005, 02:24
Something thats worked for me is to set up an association between DT and the .mds file type (can set one up for other file types also).

1) To do this follow these steps:
under windows explorer go to Tools->Folder Options.

2) File types tab.

3) If you don't have an mds type there already, click on the 'new' button and put in mds (or other filetype) into the "File Extension:" box, then
OK.

4) Now select the MDS Extension in the list, and click on "advanced".

5) Set an Icon if you wish to.

6) Press "New...". In the "Action" box give it some name, I called it mount. In the "Application used to perform action: box, browse to daemon.exe, then after it (outside of the quotes) add -mount,"%1". Then hit OK.

You have now associated MDS files to mount on DT device0. When you right-click an MDS file you'll have the "mount' option (or whatever you called the action on the menu.

If you have multiple devices, you can add new actions under advanced, call them for example mount1, mount2, mount3 and use the same application line as above, but changing -mount 0 to 1, 2, 3 for the appropriate device.

Hope this helps.

ToMMyHR
27.11.2005, 03:06
Fastmount works just great for me. :D

al1uk
27.11.2005, 20:59
@rip_pit: you don't have to manually type the command in dos everytime, just make a .bat file a write the text there.

DarthTyranus
27.11.2005, 21:25
Some very useful tips here, thanks!

evolart@hotmail.com
01.12.2005, 07:37
eldakka I cannot get your method to work....you do this with daemon tools 4 right? I get an unknown command line switch error when I try this with cue files. Also I have no association for mds files so I created a new one like you said but when I am done and finally click okay the option for mount does not appear for the mds file and also it disappear from my associations list?

AnalCobra
01.12.2005, 20:28
try -mount 0 or -mount 1 or -mount 2
-mount 0 is for device 0 of DT
-mount 1 is for device 1 of DT

evolart@hotmail.com
01.12.2005, 21:51
I finally got it to work by checking "confirm open after download" and "always show extension" and then making this action:

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%1"

With DDE checked and these settings:

Application: DaemonTools
Topic: System

For some reason only I added this DDE stuff did my association finally work....I figured that part out by looking at my CUE file associations

hoffes
13.12.2005, 23:40
1. install DT 3.47
2. install awxDTools_105b072.exe
3. install DT4.00 (deinstall DT 3.47)
4. deactivate "Secure mode" under "Options"

awxDTools works!

isepiq
21.12.2005, 06:05
1. install DT 3.47
2. install awxDTools_105b072.exe
3. install DT4.00 (deinstall DT 3.47)
4. deactivate "Secure mode" under "Options"

awxDTools works!

This did NOT work for me. However, the Fastmount web site is has a new version that says its compatible/works with DT 4!!! I am going to go try it now.
Also, associating cue and other files with the above directions worked for mounting just fine.

IMHO
isepiq

oopepe
21.12.2005, 16:32
hi everyone,
i had the same problem as you all. awxdtools didnt work with daemontools4. so i decided to write my own awxdtools clone.
its called luluDaemon and works with daemontools 4.
it adds a contextmenu to the common image types so one can easily mount the image directly to daemontools without showing any windows (like other programs like this do).
tell me what you think of it and let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions.
this is where you can get it:
http://schweinerei.dyndns.org

oopepe

wvd_vegt
04.01.2006, 16:27
Hi

For the daring (as I had quite some intesting problems figuring things out):

First: the awxDTools_105b072 installer is looking for daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll inside the windows directory during installing. If missing the install is aborted.

Steps to install Daemon Tools 4.x & awxDtools from scratch

1) Install daemon403-x86.exe

2) Copy daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory.
3) Install awxDTools_105b072.exe into the "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory.
4) Kill installer with taskmanager when it hangs registering awxdtools.dll
5) Delete daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory

6) Move awxCommon.dll from C:\program files\arniWORX\Common -> C:\program files\DAEMON Tools
7) use regedit to change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll to C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxCommon.dll

8) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

and run the commands below:

cd "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools"
rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll",awxRegisterDll /r

9) Turn off options|secure mode in DAEMON Tools trayicon
10) Finally right click an cd/dvd image to test all above...

The steps 6 and 7 might not needed but it saves some extra directories on disk.

If aything goes wrong (explorer gets unresponsive etc) or you can't delete the two dll's from the windows directory just reboot into safe mode (press F8 during computer startup).

Farshid420
05.01.2006, 01:56
Hi

For the daring (as I had quite some intesting problems figuring things out):

First: the awxDTools_105b072 installer is looking for daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll inside the windows directory during installing. If missing the install is aborted.

Steps to install Daemon Tools 4.x & awxDtools from scratch

3) Install awxDTools_105b072.exe into the "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory.

6) Move awxCommon.dll from C:\program files\arniWORX\Common -> C:\program files\DAEMON Tools
7) use regedit to change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll to C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxCommon.dll

8) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

The steps 6 and 7 might not needed but it saves some extra directories on disk.

If aything goes wrong (explorer gets unresponsive etc) or you can't delete the two dll's from the windows directory just reboot into safe mode (press F8 during computer startup).
I just tried all of these steps exactly, and I still get an error when I restart saying that no "daemon.dll" was detected and a reinstall will probably fix this problem... I think the problem here is that, regardless of how you try and workaround the problem of using awxDTools by tricking it into thinking the dll's exist, in the end, it requires that dll to actually register itself on startup... if you try and leave the dll's there, the system becomes unstable, and the same goes for hoffes' method...

Sorry guys, guess it's back to square one :/

wvd_vegt
07.01.2006, 16:40
Hi did you make sure to copy the awxdtools dll's into the C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory (so not the subdirectories).

You may also have to correct the path of the key under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\awxDTools

After the register command (step 8) it's a matter of turning secure mode off and log-off & log-on again to load the awxdtools shell extension. The registration command should end with a dialog saying registration went ok.

Just tried it again on a machine and the method worked for the third time. This time on a machine wth awxdtools already installed in another directory (so i had to move these dll's after Daemon tools was installed).

Farshid420
08.01.2006, 20:53
Thanks for the tips wvd_vegt, but I made sure all of that was done the first time, and just did it again a second and third time. Each time I did it, either the system would lock up when I restarted my machine after the installs, or would restart and give me an error message that the required dll, the one that awxDTools looks for in the windows directory every time it registers itself, was missing and therefore its own dll could not be registered. So I don't know how you got it to work once, let alone 3 times, but simply changing the location of the dll's in the registry isn't gonna change the makeup of the program in question. Thanks again for your attempt, but looks like we're not gonna get what we wished for as the maker of awxDTools can't be reached by anyone who's tried to update the script :/

rip_pit
08.01.2006, 21:48
in replacement of awxdtools (that was great) i use LuluDaemon which permit to mount/unmount any image file by rightclicking on it and choose the destination virutal drive.
Just have a look at screenshots on the official website :
http://schweinerei.dyndns.org/luluDaemonE.php (english page)

Farshid420
08.01.2006, 22:24
in replacement of awxdtools (that was great) i use LuluDaemon which permit to mount/unmount any image file by rightclicking on it and choose the destination virutal drive.
Just have a look at screenshots on the official website :
http://schweinerei.dyndns.org/luluDaemonE.php (english page)

Yah, that was the one that I was actually considering switching over to :) I just hope that it has the functionality and ease of use of awxDTools without taking up too much resources ;)

oopepe
09.01.2006, 00:44
Yah, that was the one that I was actually considering switching over to :) I just hope that it has the functionality and ease of use of awxDTools without taking up too much resources ;)

hello,

i developed luluDaemon with the purpose of making an awxDTools clone:) because it has a good concept. the resources luluDaemon uses are at a minimum, its really just the code for the contextmenu and the code for launching daemon tools with the needed commandline switch.
if you want to see any functions in luluDaemon besides the current, tell me!

oopepe

Pyr0
09.01.2006, 02:05
will it work with windows x64?

oopepe
09.01.2006, 14:53
will it work with windows x64?

i didnt test it under x64, but i know someone who did and he told me that luluDaemon works well under x64.
if it doesnt run under x64 tell me and ill fix it.

Farshid420
09.01.2006, 22:02
Thanx oopepe, I had no idea you were the developer, but that's one awesome addon! ;) I will be sure to let you know if there's anything you can add once I get a chance to properly test her out :)

Crash Override
10.01.2006, 01:39
Hi,

The Tutorial dosen't work for me under x64 any ideas ?

whats wrong ? all steps with no error ?

mfg
Crash Override

Farshid420
10.01.2006, 02:20
Hi,

The Tutorial dosen't work for me under x64 any ideas ?

whats wrong ? all steps with no error ?

mfg
Crash Override

Crash Override, please read post #27, that's the best explanation I can give you :/

wvd_vegt
10.01.2006, 09:48
Hi,

Some last tip (after making sure the awxdtools rundll key registry key is pointing to it's new location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run)

Add the Daemontool directory to the path (right click my computer/choose properties and the advanced tab)!

Farshid420
10.01.2006, 14:25
Hi,

Some last tip (after making sure the awxdtools rundll key registry key is pointing to it's new location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run)

Add the Daemontool directory to the path (right click my computer/choose properties and the advanced tab)!

Thanx again wvd_vegt, but that was part of your original set of instructions, so I really don't see how that changes anything :/

fobis
11.01.2006, 00:19
Hi

Beautiful solution, wvd_vegt. It worked perfectly for me.
I noticed that it didn't work for some people and I think I know why. When awxDTools is pointed to install in the DAEMON Tools folder, it still creates a sub-folder "awxDTools", so if people tried to copy and paste that command for registering awxDTools.dll that you put in your instructions, then it would be pointing to a dll that is nonexistent in that folder, but in a sub-folder.

To others, I have taken it upon myself to add an extra step for those to whom it may apply:

Hi

8.) If there is a folder called "awxDTools" in your DAEMON Tools folder, move the contents of awxDTools to the DAEMON Tools folder. You can delete the awxDTools folder if you'd like (there should be nothing in it).

9) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll,awxRegisterDll /r

10) Turn off options|secure mode in DAEMON Tools trayicon

fobis
11.01.2006, 00:27
Farshid420, is there a folder called "awxDTools" in your DAEMON Tools folder? If so, move all the contents of that folder into the root DAEMON Tools folder, and then run the register DLL command.
Hope this helps,
-fobis

Farshid420
11.01.2006, 02:20
Farshid420, is there a folder called "awxDTools" in your DAEMON Tools folder? If so, move all the contents of that folder into the root DAEMON Tools folder, and then run the register DLL command.
Hope this helps,
-fobis

Thanks for the help fobis, and for noticing that error in the original steps, unfortunately, I'm really anal when it comes to things like where apps are installed, and I made sure that it installed into the root DT folder, and that all the dlls were in there, including the ones for awxDTools, with no subfolders, and that all the keys matched, but I still had no luck, as the computer eventually froze after restart, or it gave me an error that the dll in the windows dir was missing on startup. Thanks for trying though! :)

Raan
23.01.2006, 19:47
For those who recieve the missing daemon.dll error, make sure you're running the rundll32 command from the Deamon Tools folder, and not from C:\ or somewhere else.

Farshid420
24.01.2006, 05:20
For those who recieve the missing daemon.dll error, make sure you're running the rundll32 command from the Deamon Tools folder, and not from C:\ or somewhere else.

Already tried that, and double checked, with no success :/

Raan
24.01.2006, 16:06
Alright, let's see what else I can come up with. Do you have quotes ("") around the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll key?

Also, in the second version of the commands, one quote is missing, make sure you get that one.
(rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll",awxRegisterDll /r)

And try searching through your register for a key with the value C:\Windows\daemon.dll and change that to the correct path.

That's all I can think of right now.