v3.47 vs 4.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v3.47 vs 4.00

hmmmm....Well I never thought I would ever say this...I was one of the few who sat patiently for awhile awaiting another fine release of alot of hard work from the developers. And hats off to all who put in long hours with this release....But, and I say it very reluctantly....I have installed v4 and loaded my personal ,iso of my BF2 run CD....and I get an error...I didn't understand what what was wrong so I loaded another game and the same error...will not run...So, I reinstalled v3.47 and runs GREAT...anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong...I am a HUGE supporter of the hard work from the developers...but I am feeling alittle, well how can I say it..."Let Down" , hopefully the "FINAL" release will address any problems that have occured from the testing phase and the release phase...Thanks Again....Hats Off

Same problem

Ya I have the same problem too. I loaded the Black and White 2 image on DT4 and when I start the game it says the illegal operation error message and refuses to run, but the thing is, it used to work fine with 3.47 without any problems.

So I reverted back to 3.47 and the game runs fine again. Anyone know what's the problem?

Comment

I haven't found just one game I can play with 4.00 so I'm very sad......and a bit angry because I was under the impression that they had beaten starforce but with 4.00 I can't play starforce games nor other protections so now dt4 is just an emulator without the ability to beat any protections........

Comment

Obviously some of you folks haven't read the release notes. DT4 doesn't have the IDE-jammer incorporated yet, so that's why it can't get around StarForce by itself. It should be coming soon. DT4 itself is not blacklisted, but it uses a virtual SCSI-drive, which almost all copy protection programs blacklist (the virtual drive itself, not DT4). DT4 beats the protections fine (you can play SF-protected games if you remove your other IDE devices). Do a little research first before you start complaining about a free product.

Arb

Comment

bf2 isnt sf , so that hasnt anything to do with it.

btw i first had the issue with bf2 aswell. im using a mini image mounted.

since i properly installed dt4 , it works all fine again (allthough atm ive my optical drive unplugged (dvd rw) , maybe thats a reason aswell , dunno.

Comment

Originally Posted by BustaNET
            hmmmm....Well I never thought I would ever say this...I was one of the few who sat patiently for awhile awaiting another fine release of alot of hard work from the developers. And hats off to all who put in long hours with this release....But, and I say it very reluctantly....I have installed v4 and loaded my personal ,iso of my BF2 run CD....and I get an error...I didn't understand what what was wrong so I loaded another game and the same error...will not run...So, I reinstalled v3.47 and runs GREAT...anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong...I am a HUGE supporter of the hard work from the developers...but I am feeling alittle, well how can I say it..."Let Down" , hopefully the "FINAL" release will address any problems that have occured from the testing phase and the release phase...Thanks Again....Hats Off
            Oh dude it is worse than that! I have not even bothered making an image of my BF2 CD...too lazy. You cannot even put your original CD in the drive and play BF2 with DT4 loaded. I suspect this is true with other games as well.

Boys, things are bad. They're gonna sell this place to the board of education and I'll be out on the street. That money's gotta be in the Cook County Assessors office within 11 days.

Am I falling out of this chair? ...what? WHOAH!!! WHOAH!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by lis8910
              I haven't found just one game I can play with 4.00 so I'm very sad......and a bit angry because I was under the impression that they had beaten starforce but with 4.00 I can't play starforce games nor other protections so now dt4 is just an emulator without the ability to beat any protections........

Search on this forum for Starforce Games Play guides using DT3.47. There are a few, one posted by me concerning Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. And all of my starforce protected games work with DT4. You chose wich way you want to go. And yes, almost all of the games protected by starforce up to 3.6(don't know if those work, I don't have one) work.
              So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Heres lesson for you, never expect/relay on something thats not out yet and not yet tested. If you do means marketing scums powned u.
                Sry bio

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                  All blacklists have been fixed, you won't need anti-blacklisting tools for DTv4 anymore. Furthermore, DTv4 does support all copy protections, if you have no IDE drives, you can run every game from DTv4.

However, DTv4 is still SCSI based, and as such will be blocked by the latest copy protections - not because they blacklist DTv4, but because they blacklist every SCSI device if they find an optical IDE drive in the system. If you had an IDE DVD drive but wanted to run your game from a physical SCSI drive you'd still need to hide your IDE drive.

We never claimed anything else!
                  So considering this - only advantage (or disadvantage over v3.7) is that you need physically disable your IDE CD-ROM every time if you wanna play game with dt4 only
                  If not then you still have to use antiblax or sd4 hide.
                  Sry bio

Comment

Civ4, Q4, Cod2 do not work with DT4, whereas they work fine with the exact same method using DT3.47.

Comment

Originally Posted by tr1nity
                      Civ4, Q4, Cod2 do not work with DT4, whereas they work fine with the exact same method using DT3.47.

CIV4 works just fine with DT4. No need for anything else. Just need to have a good image made with Alcohol. It is very important that your mds file is having a good DPM to it.
                      So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Originally Posted by kukubau
                        CIV4 works just fine with DT4. No need for anything else. Just need to have a good image made with Alcohol. It is very important that your mds file is having a good DPM to it.
                        Civ4 is SD 4.6 protected, no need for dpm. It all works with DT 4 if you deactivate your drives with sfn or in device manager and for SD 4 it works also Safedisk4hider. For SF protected games it's required to unplug/disconnect/power off your ide-drives (burner,dvd-rom).
                        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by kukubau
                          If what you say is true then why doesn't it work for me and others? Again, works fine with DT3.47 using same method and an alcohol image.

Comment

But the thing I don't understand is why my mounted image of Black and White 2 which is safedisk 4.00 won't work with DT4. The image mounts fine but when I try to run the game I get the
                            message saying the program has performed an illegal operation.

However when I mount the exact image in dt 3.47, the game runs and plays fine. And I'm not using any safedisk 4 hider or any registry nonsense trick in the first place.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
                              Obviously some of you folks haven't read the release notes. DT4 doesn't have the IDE-jammer incorporated yet, so that's why it can't get around StarForce by itself. It should be coming soon. DT4 itself is not blacklisted, but it uses a virtual SCSI-drive, which almost all copy protection programs blacklist (the virtual drive itself, not DT4). DT4 beats the protections fine (you can play SF-protected games if you remove your other IDE devices). Do a little research first before you start complaining about a free product.

Arb
                              I've disabled all my real drives and unplugged them and it still doesn't work ....and I did already try that I've read alot about that cause I want to play that game

Comment

Working...
                              X