Not retaining drive letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not retaining drive letter

Everytime I restart, the drive letter is reverting back to the default rather than the drive letter I've chosen. The same thing occurs when I change the drive letter from Windows drive manager.

I didn't have this problem before I reinstalled to upgrade to v4. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Cheers

Maybe previous version was not un-installed correctly. Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers of previos version.
    You can also try to un-install v4, re-install previous version you had installed (e.g. v3.47), reboot, un-install v3.47, reboot, re-install v4.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for that. I've had a read through the topic you mentioned. And reinstalled etc but it's still the same. So I've decided to go back to 3.47 for now.

Comment

Hi,

I've since formatted and installed 4.03 from fresh. But I still have the same problem. Everytime I reboot, the drive letter returns to the lowest available, in my case e:.

Any ideas?

ta

Comment

Maybe you use some tools that block registry access when
          Windows attempts to remember the setting.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
            Maybe you use some tools that block registry access when
            Windows attempts to remember the setting.
            Not that I'm aware of?

NOD32 is my av, nothing else is running in the background that might do it?

Windows remembers my other drive letter settings fine, including my card reader even after it's been unplugged?

Comment

Working...
            X