Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell Chaos Theory acting weird

Hi everyone
    I have instaled a DT V4 on the launch day and tried to run SC:CHT from the image and it was working - I was so happy, the cd verification was succesfull. But yesterday when I tried to launch the game the verification process faild once, I clicked retry and game started. And finally today, I got back from work and tried to launch the game, the verification failed every time I tried although there was no changes in my pc configuration (no new devices, no new progs instaled and uninstaled, nothing, just turned off pc yesterday and on today). I have tried to reinstal game from image and from disc, I' ve reinstaled DT and nothing, I ran a game from various mini images - nothing helps. One more thing: when I ran the game for the first time it was unpatched, then I patched it to v 1.4 and it still worked (I lunched it several times just for try) but now game doesn't want to start in any version.
    If somebady know what could be the cause I'd be very greatfull for tips, cause I'm starting to get crazy. Please help me.
    Cheers

in my case it only works with unplugged ide-rom drives (switching off in bios dosn't work!)
    but in your case it seems to be related with new starforce-drivers (starforce drivers are sometimes updated along with a game update - but not uninstalled or downgraded along with game uninstall) so uninstall the starforce drivers. some day ago i made the same thing: search for "starforce driver remove".
    i found "svdrvrem.zip".

you can easily verify this removing: if sc:ct requests for a reboot after reinstall the staforce driver was succesfully removed and after the reboot you should have the old one.

Comment

Thankx for a tip, but I already tried it, doesn't work but thankx anyway

Over 150 views and just one reply, I'm starting to get worried, can't anybody help me...
      UPDATE!!! Late night (about 2pm) after patching game to v1,5 and few (3 to 5) retries, game started but only once, I've tried lots of time later but I always get cd key error. How could it be that it ran once and no more?
      see Ya
      Last edited by szulolo; 18.11.2005, 11:16.

Comment

...try to: -format your drive and install new windows(turn off system restore) + splinter cell without patch -don't patch it

Comment

Dt4

Hi, I had the same problem with scct & cross racing championship 2005 with dt4 enabled. I found clicking exit on dt4 but keeping emulations enabled worked for me at times. Also clicking on game exe in installed folder worked for most of the time. Crazy way to play, but it works.

Comment

got the same problem.

i managed to start the game one time. and never again. it still says that the cd key is incorrect. weird.

Comment

a problem like you described is a faulty image.
              what size is the .MDS you have?

Comment

tried the 38kb mini image, an 1:1 image with alkohl 120% and an image from copybase. tried it with all emulations on, with none. the key with and without "-".

nothing really worked.

so i'm out of alternatives.

Comment

I've been trying with various mds and none of them works. I managed to run game again, but this time i mounted with DT4 not the mds file but mdf, RMPS emulation checked and it work again, so it looks like that mds file is not required at all - strange, isn't it. BTW what info is stored in mds, I've read somewhere that for starforce games correct mds is critical, so why my SC:CT works without mds (I don't even have it on my hd)???
                  Cheers

Comment

This may not be very computer related and it might not even help very much, but I wanted to tell you that when I brought the game home straight from the store and played it on the PS2, it worked fine the first time and never worked again after that (after I pick "single player/co-op" from the menu, I get the red "Please insert a PS or PS2 game" screen). I'm taking it back today to ask what's up because I've never heard of a game working fine the first time and never working again...this is just on my PS2, but it seems that you have a similar (if not the same) situation.

Comment

whooooa maybe its your ps2 lens needs some cleaning or so?
                      Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                      MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Finally!! After fighting for days and days I got my SCCT to work with DT4. Hope it stays that way. Thx to DT team for a gr8 job

Comment

yeah its strange thx thx and plz share your solutions with us
                          Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                          MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

i've never heard games not workin' on ps2 before..but that must suck..newayz as for the pc version of sc:ct i got it to work...
                            i post this in the other section of the forum...but i'll post again...

assumin' u guys have nforce3/4 mb...
                            1st disable IDE/ATAPI controller from device manager, i found disabling the optical drives alone don't work...u need to disable the whole controller..and ALL the controllers that has to do with ur optical drives. After that pretty simple mount the correct mds file (38kb) rename if u have to(same name as mdf file) with all emulation on..and it shoudl work just fine...i haven't try updating the game yet..and i'm not plannin' to...just in cas
                            Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

Do you guys (the last 3 posters) have your IDE drives disabled/unplugged? Don't forget this is required to play from any SCSI device.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X