Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System slowdown

Hello!

I installed version 3.47 and after reboot the system becomes very slow. I press ctrl+alt+del to open task window, wait a couple minutes for it and see that cpu usage is allways 100%.
    A process "services" is on 99 all the time.
    Can anyone help me plz?

CPU 2.8GHZ
    1G RAM
    Asus P4S800

Have you tried Daemon-Tools 4? Not sayng you cannot use 3.47, but there is a newer version out and maybe will solve the issue for you.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

It seems there's some trojan floating around with this filename.
      Is this file located at c:\windows\services.exe or c:\windows\system32\services.exe?
      The 'good' services.exe (part of Windows) is located in the system32 directory and runs as a service.
      If there's an entry in your registry to start this file (located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run) then it's definitely not a legit Windows file.

Some more info can be found here:
      The services.exe process is part of Services and Controller app of Microsoft. Here are further details of services.exe, and whether it might be a virus or spyware.

Comment

msconfig

msconfig can help show you what's running at startup. Check all the tabs espcially the Startup tab all the way on the right. Hopefully its a simple trojan you can just remove. If not then some system service is misbehaving. and more troubleshooting will be needed.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

CLUe

I am running it ok now. I tried the version 4 but the problem remained. I reinstalled windows several times and every time it was the same. Last time I unpluged my USB stick and my USB hard drive.Now the daemon 4 is running perfectly. If this could help you I am glad.

Comment

Working...
          X