Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping over networks fails

While trying to map a bin/cue over the network (locally mapped as X
    made windows XP go black and reboot to occur. I am not sure if this has been reported earlier. If it has i'm sorry for re-posting.

Windows XP, SP1, 512MB RAM.

Version of Daemon-Tools 3.29

Only installed burning tool is CDRwin.

Have you or are you running easy cd creator?
    Hate easy cd creator! Blooted! Worthless!

Thanks for a unique and awesome program!

Do you have anti-virus installed? If so, try disabling auto-protect feature.

Also try to see if you can change your lan driver to an updated version (or try getting one from your vendor).

btw, this problem has been reported a few time. But not in a while I think.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. Running Windows XP with all the latest updates. Was previously running DTools 3.26. Saw that the 3.29 was out (I hadn't looked in a while ) so I installed it, hoping the problem might have been fixed. Unfortunately, the same thing happened in 3.29. I do not have an antivirus installed at this time (and haven't since my last format). LAN driver is as up to date as it comes.

WinXP + SP1
      1GB PC2100
      Nero 5.5.10
      Blindwrite Suite 4.2.9.28

Any ideas on this?
      Adam

Comment

Now tried with 3.32. Still get the same result.
        Adam

Comment

If you can, try changing your LAN adapter, some of them simply don't seem to work with Daemon-Tools.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hmm... well I don't exactly have another one laying around to try that with.
            I have a Linksys (LNE100TX). Is this a card that has known issues?
            Adam

Comment

Please try to change your lan driver. Try to obtain one from the manufacturer instead of using the winxp driver.

Comment

Did. No difference. I got XP to stay on the error screen instead of rebooting. Its a STOP error - "0x0000007F (00000008, 80042000,0,0)
                Adam

Comment

And sorry, meant to say that I changed to the v5 driver (I opened up my case and verified that was the right one). Windows XP had a v4 driver installed. Even then it doesn't work though.
                  Adam

Comment

Send me you latest minidump file please (from Windows\minidump folder)

Comment

I can confirm that Problem, mounting an image on my Laptop over Network results on a instant reboot of Windows XP (latest Updates applied!). It seems to happen also with XP and manufactures drivers. Older Daemon-Tools worked fine. I noticed this problem with DT 3.29 and up.

Firebird

Comment

I have the same problem. I have tried DT 3.23 and 3.29 on my WinXP SP1 machine with all the updates. As soon as I try to mount an image that's either at \\Server\Path or a drive letter I mapped, the system instantly reboots. I don't even get a STOP error which I should get if there was a crash because I have it set not to reboot.

The strange thing is that not all images cause this. I've tried mounting Windows 2000 Professional (ISO) and Diablo II Expansion (CCD);
                        INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                        both worked. When I tried to mount C&C Red Alert II (CCD) and C&C Generals (CCD);
                        INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
                        both failed with an instant reboot. All images worked fine when copied to a local drive.

I also have the LNE100TX(v5) driver. It has given me problems years ago under Win2K when it had conflicts with my SB Live, but that was the v4 driver. I've never had any problems with it under XP.

Is this a bug in the Linksys driver or DT? Why does it happen with only certain images?

Comment

I am currently working on this problem. Thanks for report.

Comment

While you work on it, do you know what exactly is causing it? Are there any temporary workarounds I can use before the next version?

Comment

Try to remove any antivirus programs and/or change the network card driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X