Version 3.0 does not remove virtual drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 3.0 does not remove virtual drive

When I uninstalled Version 3.0 to install 4.0, I noticed that the old virtual drive (drive V did not remove itself on uninstall. How can I remove it? Thanks.

Bringing Up an Old Issue

Well I am unable to visit those links, as they no longer exist what with this being like a 3 year old problem. However I have ignored my extraneous virtual drives for some time now, and finally decided to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate it if someone could address this problem again.

Comment

Link 1:

Unfortunately, the only thing under System Devices that is similar is Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator, and under SCSI, the ONLY option is AIFCZO6P IDE Controller.

I'm not going to start uninstalling these things until someone tells me if these are the right drivers to get rid of. Otherwise I have neither of the mentioned drivers, and yet the 4 old virtual drives from v3.x still exist.

Link 2:
      No key containing Daemon Tools exists anymore, likely because this the installer no longer exists. I removed the entirety of Daemon Tools 3.x long ago, installer and files, etc. However it still possesses some registry entry or driver saying that there are 4 virtual CD-ROM drives.

Comment

AIFCZO6P IDE Controller is of current DT version.

You are sure the 4 virtual drives aren't from your current DT installation?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Dead certain. Nothing can even be mounted on them. If you want, I can upload a pic of my 4 new DT drives on top of the 4 old ones... so then I'd have 8 virtual drives, 4 of which are useless to me.

Comment

Please help, this issue needs to come to a close. I've left it alone for long enough, but I'm ready to get my partitions back.

Comment

Is there no other method I could use to purge these maybe from the registry or the like?

Comment

Originally Posted by redmagejoe View Post
                If you want, I can upload a pic of my 4 new DT drives on top of the 4 old ones...
                I've seen this recently on a friend's new computer. The extra drives are not from DAEMON tools, can't remember what it was now exactly :-F

Comment

could be 5star game copy / game jack, i think they used alcohol/daemon old versions and their uninstall was screwed, some other program uses this too, one with iso at the end, so ultraiso, poweriso possibly...

check in device manager what they're connected to (the adaptor) and follow the driver from that, might shed some light on things...
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

As I said before, the only device I have under SCSI/RAID controllers is A91SK3ZG IDE Controller, which supposedly belongs to the current DaemonTools version. Though I did notice that the beginning character string has changed since my last post involving it...

Any other advice?

Comment

Bump for an unresolved problem.

Comment

Are you using Windows XP?

First thing I would do is fix the drive letter problem so you can use the letters for hard drive partitions again. To do this: start menu, run, diskmgmt.msc Then right click and choose 'change drive letter and paths'.
                        Last edited by Underheaven; 28.12.2008, 12:04.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Problem is because those drive letters are being "used", they don't even show up in the drop-down box for drive letters. Believe me, I've tried to rearrange drive partition letters in the past; that's how I became vexed with this issue in the first place actually.

Comment

Working...
                          X