Having a lot of problems updating to DTools V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a lot of problems updating to DTools V4

When V4 was released, I downloaded it. I uninstalled 3.47 (and to my knowledge, it worked flawlessly) and tried to install V4. It seemed to install fine, but once the installer exited, my computer restarted (BSOD). After that, if I tried to run DTools, it said it wasnt installed properly, so I followed the directions for uninstalling v4 without the uninstaller (uninstaller said the install was invalid) and tried to install again. Same problem. I uninstalled a second time.

Fast forward to tonight, I read the information about an incorrect uninstall of 3.47 causing problems in v4, so I tried to install 3.47 (in the hopes of installing 3.47, uninstalling, then installing v4 and it would work) but when I installed 3.47, my computer BSOD'd, even before the install was complete. I started my computer back up, and followed the directions to uninstall without an uninstaller (device manager, drivers, registry) and tried to install it again. This time, the install worked, but when it ran 3.47, my computer BSOD'd. Now, it gives a language support when I try to run it.

So, here I am, stuck with no Daemon Tools.

I attached the dump file from the last BSOD. The BSOD reported a page fault in SCSIPORT.sys. I found the link about this problem, but it gives a 404.

Someone help!

If you'd check our common problems and solutions forum, you'd know the answer. Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Unable to load image prosync1.sys, Win32 error 2
      *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for prosync1.sys
      *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for prosync1.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
      Probably caused by : prosync1.sys ( prosync1+569 )
      Uninstall or update your Starforce drivers, then try again.

Comment

Working...
      X