Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon tools does nothing when mounting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools does nothing when mounting.

Hi, this is my first thread/[post (not sure which one) so I will try to be prompt. When I right click on the system tray icon and try to mount an image, it will look like it is trying to mount the image and then nothing. I open My computer window and look at the virtual drive icon and it shows that nothing is mounted. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, still cant get it to work. I am running dtools 3.46 havent tried v4 yet, Running XP Home, have Zone labs installed and have Anti-blaxx installed. I should mention it worked a couple of days ago even after anti-blaxx was installed. I really apreciate any help I can get, cause I love this tool. Keep up the good work, Thanx

I've got the same problem. But only with V4 of Deamon Tools. In the 3.x versions i never had a problem with mounting any images. The problem is showing up when mounting an mds/mdf file. I just click to mount with 1 drive and than deamon "hangs" it looks like its working but its not. My system is an A64 3500+ with 1GB of ram, running on Windows XP SP2 - Dutch version. I have a Nec dvd-burner and a LG-dvd-rom player. Some one can help me?

Comment

I have the same problem with Deamontools 4. In the 3.x branch i have no problems at all. I'm trying to mount an mds/mdf image.

Comment

Not sure this relates to you shaggy.

But for anyone else having problem with V4, where it doesnt show a virtual drive in explorer ...

Have a look in device manager ... if it shows an unknown device, then update drivers for that device ...

Put XP CD in drive, and point to there for updated drivers...

This fixed it for me

Comment

Same problem but a long time ago my device manager disapeared, and now when I try to mount an Mdf or mds file nothing apears to work ever, and theres no device in windows explorer

XP prof. pent 4 Norton
          andrewblazin89 aim

Comment

mounts but no secure mode

when i mount image in DT4 it no longer shows the switch to secure mode option how can i get it back? i have some clone backup of my games and they worked fine after first install and now after 3 days of install its not showing that option. And I have secure mode selected in options.

Comment

Working...
            X