Starforce tells me "Insert Disc into Another drive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce tells me "Insert Disc into Another drive"

Im trying to get KingKong and Ufo Aftershock to work with DT4 after ripping them with alchohol, but every time i try to start them they just tell me to insert the disc into another drive. I did had the isos working with sfcure before i upgraded to amd64 after that i cant get sfcure to work either. Anyone can have an idea of what it could be? i have tried to disconnect my dvd drives physicaly without any progress.

Look through the other threads, there are plenty concerning this. DT4 is not being blacklisted, but the SCSI drive probably is. You can either unplug your IDE optical drives (power down and pull the power plug) or try using SFN (at your own risk). The DT team is working on an IDE-jammer that will take care of it for you, but the ETA on that little feature is not known, but hopefully soon. Good luck.

Arb

Comment

i disable my ata controller, after that it worked , the boring thing is that the only partion that isnt raid is my 120gb ide drive, so when i disable the controller i dont have any ide partion to mount my iso from, becuse if i do mount it from my nvraid partitons the computer reboots. Im am currently trying diffrent beta raid drivers to see if it fixes the problem.
      Last edited by xdrive; 19.11.2005, 22:08.

Comment

hmmm...

if you havn't seen it already.

try physically disconnecting the cdrom drive... removing the power or data cable instead of disabling the controller in the bios (i am assuming thats what you did since the starforce nightmare does not work with newer starforce games)

so physically removing the cdrom drive will allow you to mount iso's from the ide drive.

or.... do you have another ide channel free? run the ide drive on a seperate channel if you have one.
        Athlon X2 3800
        2gb DDR400
        6800nu -> 16x6
        2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

Working...
        X