Whats this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats this?

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I found this folder on my computer "D-Tools". How did it get there? What is Daemon Tools? It isnt listed in my add/remove programs, if I remove it will I start a nuclear meltdown of my computer? Or did I agree to this download with a game or other software? How do I remove this? Is there anywhere on this site that actually specifies that Daemon Tools is this...... and does this.....

But actually you should know what you install. If you've v4 installed check if you've Daemon Tools program group in Start menu. If so, un-install Daemon Tools via uninstall icon, if you don't want/need it.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You almost certainly installed it yourself.

V4 installs under folder 'Daemon Tools', as standard,

and V3xx installs in 'd-tools'

So sounds like you got V3xxx

The only way to uninstall V3xx that im aware of, is via add / remove programs .. so if its not there, you either already uninstalled it, or you deleted it from add/remove using some other app

Go to Device Manager >>> System Devices

If there is a device called PNP BIOS Extension, then you havent uninstalled it properly .. so you should re-install it again, and then uninstall from add/remove progs

If theres no PNP BIOS in there, then its already uninstalled, just delete the d-tools folder

Comment

Working...
      X