Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding open handles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding open handles.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
    Last edited by ß; 20.07.2006, 11:00.

We recognized that this (requested) behavior causes some irritations, so we'll probably add an option to en-/disable it in future version.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
      i don't understand what you mean....
      what option ? isn't this an error of some kind ?
      if not what was it meant to do ???
      are you saying that the 1st loaded image of a multi disc game can "forget" some files in memory ? or maybe it doesn't refresh the cd volume label or something ???
      No it isn't an error message, it's a kind of "reminder".
      Just press ignore if you want do continue.

Comment

It's to inform you that the image you're attempting to unmount is currently in use. If you want to forcibly remove it, press ignore.

Comment

It's quite annoying that it pops up every time when installing multiple CD games.

Comment

DTv3.47 didn't had this reminder... I would also say that the next version should have the option to enable/disable that reminder...

Btw. sometimes programs are accessing the drive you would not even think of...

Also the explorer could access the drive... autorun... a.s.o.

Btw. accessing the drive is accessing the drive... if you now copy it or it is locked from a program or whatsoever doesn't matter...
            Last edited by ghost_zero; 20.11.2005, 16:37.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost zero
              Btw. accessing the drive is accessing the drive... if you now copy it or it is locked from a program or whatsoever doesn't matter...
              In that case almost every setup program must be bugged, because according to DT4 it keeps accessing the drive while it asks to insert the next CD.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                In that case almost every setup program must be bugged, because according to DT4 it keeps accessing the drive while it asks to insert the next CD.
                exactly. not bugged... they just check for cd while it's in use. also, most setups use the same installer.

also, happened with my virus scanner. no big issue, but a disable feature would be nice.
                Athlon X2 3800
                2gb DDR400
                6800nu -> 16x6
                2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

When I had 3.47 installed it did give me a bit of hasttle this open handle buisness. I would insert the first cd from a multi cd game, autorun poped up, I clicked Install the autorun would close and started the setup application, it would install normally and ask me for the second cd I would insert it, again would install normally but when it came time to insert the third cd a windows error would pop up just before I got the message to insert cd 3 and would tell me to insert the first cd in the drive, after I did that autorun would pop up I would close it and also with autorun the dialog to insert cd 3 would finally apear, then eject cd 1 and finally insert cd 3, it did that on some games and it would go as far as asking me 3 times to insert cd 1 before inserting the next logical cd.
                  The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

Re: Unable to mount image Device 0 has outstanding open handles

My guess:

Because the open handle would still be invalid but already set to ignore (or forced closed?)
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                      We recognized that this (requested) behavior causes some irritations, so we'll probably add an option to en-/disable it in future version.
                      I notice that this was almost a year ago. Has an option been added?

Comment

Yes, disable "InUse check" in options menu.
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks. I'll make the change.

Comment

Working...
                          X