Need for speed Most wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for speed Most wanted

How to emulate NFSMW? which copy protection do they use?
    Please help me!

I heared it's SafeDisc 4.6.

Comment

just use sd4hide to hide dtools and most wanted will work smoothly
      My sysProfile!

Comment

It doesn't need s4hide. It works with DT4. Just uninstall anyother software like Alcohol120 and Blindwrite, cause their are blacklisted,maybe even deleting some keys manually. I did that and it works without s4hide.
        Peace!
        Last edited by kukubau; 19.11.2005, 19:34.
        So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

I've got issues trying to get NFSMW to run as well. I've tried a few things and nothing seems to work.

I made the image with an older version of CloneCD (worked on Battlefield 2), tried DT4 and no go. I then uninstalled my older version of CloneCD, got the latest one and remade the disk image. Loaded it in to DT4 and still no go. Then I remembered the CloneCD hide SCSI setting thing, tried that and it didn't do anything different. I then completely removed CloneCD (even went in to the registry and nuked all settings pertaining to "clonecd", "slysoft" and "elaborate"), rebooted and tried once more and it still didn't work.

I then renamed the drives (I emul. 2 of them) in DT4 to something more "believable" (some fake Toshiba drive I made up) to see if maybe that would make a difference but it didn't.

I don't have any other CD burning software on my system (though it's possible some remnants may be in my registry but I can't remember installing any other than CloneCD), so the only thing I haven't tried is that sd4hide or whatever I've seen mentioned on here (not sure where to get it yet), however reading up on it it seems it shouldn't be required since DT4 is supposed to choose random names for its drivers to avoid any BL's (correct?).

Hopefully someone can figure this out! Some people get NFSMW running fine, some don't.

Comment

Do not use CloneCd. Alcohol is the way. You need to copy your dics with Alcohol. The MDF/MDS files resulted you mount them in DT4 and it's working. Do not mount ISO's as they don't work. Another thing! Uninstall any starforce drivers you might have on your system, because it interferes with the copy proces. There is a starforce remover utility on their site. Use that! After you have your MDF/MDS(mds files are very important) files try to mount them in DT4 maybe using SD4HIDE if you still have Alcohol installed. Uninstalling Alcohol and any other emulating software like CloneCD, Blindwrite etc(with all the registry keys) excludes the use of sd4hide. Hope it helps! Let me know!
            So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Originally Posted by nutbar
              I've got issues trying to get NFSMW to run as well. I've tried a few things and nothing seems to work.

I made the image with an older version of CloneCD (worked on Battlefield 2), tried DT4 and no go. I then uninstalled my older version of CloneCD, got the latest one and remade the disk image. Loaded it in to DT4 and still no go. Then I remembered the CloneCD hide SCSI setting thing, tried that and it didn't do anything different. I then completely removed CloneCD (even went in to the registry and nuked all settings pertaining to "clonecd", "slysoft" and "elaborate"), rebooted and tried once more and it still didn't work.

I then renamed the drives (I emul. 2 of them) in DT4 to something more "believable" (some fake Toshiba drive I made up) to see if maybe that would make a difference but it didn't.

I don't have any other CD burning software on my system (though it's possible some remnants may be in my registry but I can't remember installing any other than CloneCD), so the only thing I haven't tried is that sd4hide or whatever I've seen mentioned on here (not sure where to get it yet), however reading up on it it seems it shouldn't be required since DT4 is supposed to choose random names for its drivers to avoid any BL's (correct?).

Hopefully someone can figure this out! Some people get NFSMW running fine, some don't.
              why would you go through all the bother? why not just, Insert the disc every time you want to play? it takes about 15 seconds to get it and insert it!
              A women is like a hurricane, it start wet and heavy and when it's over you've lost your house

Comment

CloneCD doesn't make ISO images - it makes .ccd images which DT supports natively. It's a raw image of the cd, and even all errors as the drive sees them should I choose to copy the CD like that (it has worked with every other game I own - as I said, Battlefield 2 is copy protected but CloneCD + DT works fine).

With a bit more reading, I think it's the SCSI devices that DT uses. I have 2 IDE drives (DVD and CD burner) on the mb directly on the IDE chain. I can't be bothered to remove the drives to play a game, but I have a feeling that if I did, it would probably work.

Hopefully DT Pro + IDE emulation (or jammer?) will do the trick.

Comment

I just tried sd4hide.exe with the image I have made of NFSMW and it worked, so it must be the whole SCSI drive emulation thing.

... *waits impatiently for pro*

Comment

That's right, I got it to work with StarForce Nightmare (which apparently does the same as SD4hide).
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by nutbar
                      Hopefully DT Pro + IDE emulation (or jammer?) will do the trick.
                      The IDE-jammer will be added in a (hopefully near) future release of DT4, as in the free version. DT4 Pro will be IDE-based emulation, so the SCSI blacklisting won't even be a concern anymore.

Arb

Comment

If I have an anti blacklist program running, (AntiBlaxx) will i still need to uninstall alcohol/disable drives? someone should test this.
                        Imperial Glory? or Metric Dishonour?

Comment

Weird... what i did,was mount the alcohol 120% made images,and nothing else Works for me ... it was so painful to see other people having SC:CT to work.Now its my turn - MWA HA HA HAAAAA! ... ok,im off to bed

Comment

Originally Posted by Eight-8all
                            why would you go through all the bother? why not just, Insert the disc every time you want to play? it takes about 15 seconds to get it and insert it!
                            For the same reason I don't want to do this to play other games as well? I have about 9 or so games on my system, all of which require a CD to play. Burning out my DVD drive because I want to play games, and having to juggle 9 CDs around (plus normal wear & tear on them), etc... isn't worth it. Some of the games I can't get replacement CDs any more either.

If just using the CD as you would normally was what I wanted to do, I wouldn't need DT installed

Comment

easy way out

munt the image with DM4 and use sd4hide sometimes it says "put inn the cd inn the cd-rom" just press ok then clik on the ikon to the game again sudenly it will work
                              3.2ghz. xpPRO sp2.1gb ram. asus gforce 6600gt 128mb.

Comment

Working...
                              X