apps prevented from launching from real drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apps prevented from launching from real drive

upgraded from dt 3.47 to 4.0 yesterday, and after a while of playing with an .mdf i wanted to switch to playing battlefield 1942 on my physical cd player.

unfortunately it wouldn't launch from a desktop shortcut, giving me a cannot locate cd please insert correct cd-rom error.

This never occurred with 3.47 and the problem vanished when i did i sys restore to before i installed 4.0.

i think it may have something to do with one of 3.47's virtual SCSI drives not being removed when 4.0 uninstalled it.

OS- windows xp home (sp's, security, up-to-date)

cyberlink & IsoBuster & winMedia burning sw installed

Error 25002 (invalid driver names or driver conflict), or how to remove Daemon Tools

If you still have virtual drives remaining from DAEMON Tools 3.47, I would uninstall DAEMON Tools 4. Reboot. Install 3.47. Reboot. Uninstall 3.47. Reboot. Then I'd follow all the steps in this linked thread to manually remove any remnants left behind from the 3.47 uninstall:

Error 25002 (invalid driver names or driver conflict), or how to remove Daemon Tools drivers
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It seems alot of people are unaware of the problems that can be caused by not removing vdrives before upgrading or uninstalling DT.
      Is it possible for the uninstall script to remove vdrives as part of the uninstall/upgrade process?
      It would save a lot of time and hassle for everyone.

Comment

That is part of the uninstall process. A SCSI controller tells windows how many drives are connected to it. So if he still has virtual drives on his system that means that he's probably got one of the two drivers remaining (347prt i'd guess). I could be wrong but what I'm sure about is that the manual removal process will solve rutherford's problems.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X