SD 2.9 and Failed Emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD 2.9 and Failed Emulation

I'm fairly new, so bare with me. I am trying to back up some pretty expensive software. It is protected with Safe Disk 2.9. I have used Alcohol 120 (v 1.9.5) to create and burn the image. I used the Safedisc 2/3 setting. The burn was made and it appears that everything is there and in place. However, when executed under emulation (alcohol or Daemon) the program fails with no indication as to why. I don't have a 2 or 3 sheep burner. Can anyone give me any advice?

Ya safedisk is very hardware dependant, at least that's what I heard. Difficult to burn. It would be easier to create images of safedisk and mount them in DT.

Comment

Have you tried disconnecting the power from your CD\DVD Roms and play the game or software from an image with DTools.....

Should work ok...

If it doesnt and you want a physical backup of your software did you burn RMPS to your physical media? Its in the Emulation settings of Alcohol 120...
      Last edited by rebellion; 29.11.2005, 12:34.
      ReBeLlIoN

Comment

I don't think the RMPS format describes/emulates weak/bad sectors (I'm 100% not sure though).
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Nope, RMPS (Recordable Media Physical Signature) and bad sectors mutually exclude each other.

SecuROM & StarForce have a protection mechanism that requires DPM Analysis (and RMPS emulation in case of using a CD-R), SafeDisc has weak/bad sectors. AFAIK, having both on one disc is impossible.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
          X