Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboots very soon after boot up.....

Hi I just installed Daemon Tools 4,
    and I get nothing but random reboots. There is no BSOD , and auto restart is off already.

No minidumps either.

I have an A8N-SLI Deluxe. I have installed the NVATA driver previously however I have deleted. But it still appears to load at startup. I have tried removing this file yet daemon tools still reboots but itself.

It boots to the login screen and it takes about 2 seconds for it to restart. I can login and my system will load, but very soon after it'll reboot my comp.

I have also tried removing the SIL3114 maybe 5 Raid drivers. But still no go.

I am using nforce 6.66 drivers from my Asus manufacturer site. I also have vmware installed, which also places a few extra drivers into the system, however none should be ide/scsi drivers.

I have partition magic install, that seems to have a ntfs driver. I have norton antivirus 2005. ZoneAlarm 6. I dont really know which item is making it reboot.

It loads up successfully in safe mode, the loading of sptd.sys was alittle slow and windows would give me the option of not loading it.....
    Whether I press cancel or leave it , the system still boots in safe mode and it wont reboot.

im lost =( I need help

repeatitive rebooting

Im getting the same issue of reboots after login. I eventually managed to shutdown dt4 before it had chance to startup after windows login. This prevented my pc from continueously rebooting. However im not sure if it is DT4 or a conflict with another program. If it is another program it would appear to be a graphics issue. I think its software rather than hardware, as winfast is installing it seems to be the same time as the reboot begins. Im running the latest nvidia drivers for my 6800 gt. I don't know the exact issue all i know is if i remove dt4 before it is intialised after login the rebooting doesn't occur. Unti li know what it is, its back to an older version of DT.

Comment

There is no BSOD ,
      Windows XP (and I think Windows 2000 too) is with standard-settings configured to automatically reboot on a BSOD...

the system still boots in safe mode and it wont reboot.
      What do you mean??

@Torrn:
      Therefore it might be helpful to know what programs you have running with Windows-Start... btw. I don't think it is the display driver...
      Last edited by ghost_zero; 20.11.2005, 15:10.

Comment

How about to start your Windows in SAFE MODE and shutdown DT4 autostart?

Comment

His idea is not bad
          Then you could try to start DTv4 afterwards... maybe you have just some problem with autostart...

Comment

I'm getting an insta reboot too.

And check disk found lost chains etc :-(

Comment

auto restart is off already
              the system just reboots it self......

there is no dumps, no nothing......

my system is a dual core, nforce 4 though,

im puzzled =(

its like i pressed the reset button myself

Comment

Dont know if its related or not but I have a amd 4400+ x2, a8n-sli premium. and xfx gtx 7800. Suddenly my pc would just reboot the milisecond it got into windows. It turned out that the display driver was corrupted somehow.

i solved that with istalling os on another drive, then deleteding the windows install on the c drive, and then again reinstalling on the c drive. I'm sure there is a much easier way to remove the displaydrivers without entering windows but I wanted my pc up and running again so I didnt bother to look

I was using 66.66 aswell and the displaydriver was the one before the one thats on nvidias page now.

Oh and I'm using win xp x64

Cant wait for the x74 bit version to come out...buggy or not aslong as it works with daily use

Ps:
                Again this isnt related to DT, just displaydrivers

Comment

it certainly sounds like a similiar issue,

but i have the latest drivers 81.94, which just recently came out,

i have installed the raid drivers, though the raid device has been disabled,

i cannot find the problem....

it'll just restart after 1-2 seconds, no minidumps no nothing, i cant play any new games =(

Comment

81.95 are the newst Forceware drivers.
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

this is weird it appears like its only doing it to me,
                      and no one else in the world.........

i haev a nforce4 just like everyone else....
                      an X2 just like everyone else.......

=( why does it do this to me,

i know about 81.95 but its minor changes anyway....

Comment

I'm having the same problem with rebooting on start up with no error messages.
                        Last edited by ERayFree; 13.08.2006, 05:54.

Comment

Confirmed

AMD 3800x2, 2gb, A8N-sli deluxe, XP64 full trial version, all patched and up to date. Very little software loaded that might be of interest other than Norton 10 and VMWare 5.5.

I went to install the xp64 daemontools and it told me it needed to reboot to continue the installation so I did. Now about two seconds after I enter my password - bang, right back over to the POST screen again. It goes round like this in a loop.

If there's any test you might like me to perform or further details let me know asap.

Cheers
                          lans

Comment

Me too. My specs.

Hi, I got the exact same thing here.

Using DAEMON Tools 4.00
                            and Alcohol 120% is installed, FYI.

My specs (not using my the problematic PC now, so I can't check the model numbers on some):
                            - AMD X2 3800+ (dual core)
                            - 1GB Patriot Signature Memory
                            - MSI Neo4 SLI (MS-7100) with Award BIOS 3.8
                            - NVidia RAID 0 on 2 Hitachi SATA Hard Drives (on nForce4 v6.66 of MSI website)
                            - eVGA GeForce 7800 GT (only one card, hope to upgrade one day to SLI.) with ForceWare 81.94 (of eVGA website)
                            - SONY DVD-+RW 16X
                            - Toshiba DVD-ROM

The wierd thing is that the MSI Award BIOS 3.7 & 3.8 has a bug that would make it to a single CPU if it's overclocked and after its warm rebooted from Windows.

So if I restarted my PC with 2 CPUs (from shutdown or BIOS change) then the problem occurs, if I set it to a single CPU (after overclock and restart), I can boot no problem without changing the SPDT.sys

Currently I removed Daemon Tools 4.0 and I had none of this restarting after login issue. You technically don't have to login.... just wait for about 2 minutes on the login screen after a sbutdown/restart and it will reboot automatically without the BSOD.

Also I did everything else: Disabling AutoStart, Windows restart on BSOD, change all the drivers for Vid Card and Mobo...

I'm gonna try tonight with renaming SPDT.sys with 2 CPUs and see if that's the main culprit.

==========
                            So I'm guessing.....
                            1. Daemon Tools 4.0 problems with AMD Dual Core
                            2. Daemon Tools 4.0 problems with RAID 0
                            3. Generic problems with BIOS

As there is no BSOD... I don't think any Windows Event nor Minidump is generated.... so I don't know what else to tell ya.

I'll be checking this forum every once in a while. Hope to find some reply back. Thanks to all the hard work the Dev guys did on Daemon Tools. And the users too. :-)

Comment

81.98 is now the latest Nvidia drivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X