what is/can I uninstall SPTD layer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is/can I uninstall SPTD layer?

Hello, I accidently installed SPTD layer without knowing what it is. Can anybody explain to me what it is exactly and if I can uninstall it?

SPTD is a new method of access to storage devices that was developed by Duplex Secure Ltd. (www.duplexsecure.com).
    Basically SPTD is similar to other access layers used by other programs (e.g. ASPI from Adaptec, or standard SPTI from Microsoft) who provide access to storage devices but it has a lot more features that make this interface unique.
    SPTD (similar to other access layers) is not removed from your system after uninstalltion of DAEMON Tools in order not to disrupt other applications that may use it. This also allows user to avoid reboots in most cases for new installations if same SPTD version is already present on system.
    Of course you can un-install it if you don't need it anymore, or don't want it - check this thread:

Note that Daemon Tools v4 won't work without it!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Good answer... but I still think that there should be an option to deinstall SPTD with the uninstallation of DT (e.g. like a question: "Do you want to uninstall SPTD too, could be used by other programs too...?" which is default to "No").

Comment

wow

ok, thank you for the response, and sorry for the repost today, I am new to here, and I was confused why my post isn't getting up there, so I post another one today. Please ignore my last post, and delete it, thank you very much for the response.

Comment

about the case when i have the DT4 installed and running

So..what about the case when i have the DT4 (x64 version) installed and running but i cant find the sptd.sys in windows\system32\drivers\ and when i use it (and also on the restart) i get a sptd error in win system events sayin' "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for.".

Seems that if i uninstall and reinstall the DT4 again, sptd will not show either.
          Guess the problem with this incorrect installation of sptd access layer was due to my f/w that has windows security module enabled (Tiny Firewall AMD64 v6.5.126).

So.. is there any way to reinstall the sptd layer (corectly)?!?
          How?!

Thank you kindly for support.

----------------------
          Proc: AMD Opteron 146
          My OS is: Windows server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition v5.2 (Build 3790.srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447)

Comment

Check this thread:

reboot after the procedure, then re-install.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
            X