Can't mount mds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't mount mds!

I made a backup of a cd with alkohol 120%, secured with Protect cd V5. The problem is that I can mount the mds under deamon V4.0 or under alkohol 120%. It always says under deamon "unable to mount image. Invalid image file." The mds file is 790 MB big.
    Any idea what is wrong? Is there a problem with mounting mds with DPM (Data Position Mesurement)?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Milram; 20.11.2005, 22:14.

Well i think u cant mount Protect cd V5 protected Images you must burn them
    I am your father

Comment

Originally Posted by Milram
      I made a backup of a cd with alkohol 120%, secured with Protect cd V5. The problem is that I can mount the mds under deamon V4.0 or under alkohol 120%. It always says under deamon "unable to mount image. Invalid image file." The mds file is 790 MB big.
      Any idea what is wrong? Is there a problem with mounting mds with DPM (Data Position Mesurement)?
      Thanks in advance!
      That's strange, a mds file is usually a few kB big, the mdf should be the big one.
      Do you only have a mds, not a mdf?

Comment

You must have a mdf and mds and they must have the same name!
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

First thanks for the quick reply.
          You are right, after closer look I found out that the mds file is just 574 kb big and the mdf file is 788 MB big.

1. But why do I have to burn it and can't run it under deamon?

2. I already tried it out to burn the cd with burning the rmps to the recordable media under alcohol 120% but can't start it.
          I also activate the "Ignore media type", "Launch cd/dvd manager without ignore media type function" ,"RMPS emulation", “BAD sectors emulation”, “Sub-channel data fixed and emulation” and ”Laser lock emulation” under Alcohol 120%.
          What did I wrong? Do I have to run Alcohol 120% before I start the program?
          Last edited by Milram; 21.11.2005, 19:21.

Comment

In reply to #1, If you get an error message while mounting the .MDS file with DAEMON Tools you've got a bad image and should recreate it from the original disc.

If you don't mind sharing the information-- I'm curious what game it is and what patch you're using (if you downloaded any game patches).
            Last edited by Underheaven; 21.11.2005, 20:00.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Can anyone tell me how this thing works?

I am trying to do fastdump so I can save The Sims livin large game to my hard drive. I have selected Safedisk and put the cd into the drive, and push play. The game comes up, but no evidence that it is copying the image. What do I do?

Comment

You need to use burning software or image creation software to make an image of your disc. Fastdump may not work on the newest versions of Safedisc, and I don't think that feature is what you want anyway. Try using Alcohol 120% or BlindWrite to make the image.

p.s. you just hijacked a thread :wink:
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Of course I made the mds and mdf from the original disk and scanned it with the "A-Ray Scanner" to know what copy protection is on the cd.
                  I try to make a backup from a German medical program, so the name would probably not help you. ( The name of the program is "Sobotta Interaktiv")
                  I am sure that I made the images correct, but I can't mount it under deamon. When I make the images without dpm I can mount it under deamon, but of course it doesn't work because protect cd V5 needs rmps emulation.
                  So I really don't know what I did wrong and like to know what I could make wrong to make a bad image (maybe a step by step guide will help for making a backup from the original cd with protect cd v 5 to find my problem or my mistake).
                  thanks

Comment

bad image files , if you can recreate this error condition

My suggestion is to delete the bad image files.

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier: If you get an error message while mounting the .MDS file with DAEMON Tools you've got a bad image. If you can recreate this error condition we'd be very interested because that means there is a flaw in the image making/ripping software.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                    X