Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toca Race Driver

Hi,

Just bought my copy of Toca Race Driver today, created images using CloneCD (Version 4.2.0.2);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    game installs fine using the mounted images but refuses to run the game (disc icon appears and then vanishes after a few seconds). The last time this sort of thing happened I think it was a blacklisted game, so I am guessing it's the same thing here.

Using DTools v332, and according to Protection_ID v1.5 the game is using SecuRom v 4.84.68.0120.

Any thoughts appreciated and keep up the good work on the excellent program.

Regards,

Les

Clonecd cannot handle this version of securom. You must instead use alcohol 120 or blindwrite. Make sure you enable data measurement or use the securom 4.8x new datatype in alcohol.

Comment

If you want to use Alcohol 120%, have a look at the RMPS Walkthrough in their forum.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info I will give it a try. Never had a problem with clonecd with any other game I own, which is why I always use it.

Regards,

Les

Comment

Damn, Alcohol worked. :o

That means I gotta buy another burning program now. :shock:

Thanks or your help guys.

Regards,

Les

Comment

Using an image made with Alcohol probably wont work either seeing as it has the latest incarnation of Securom, just like Black Hawk Down. Not that its a problem, just burn a cd (with latest Alcohol... or Blindwrite)

Comment

The image created with Alcohol works fine here.

Regards,

Les

Comment

looks like I was mistaken about Securom - it was the game that was screwing things up for me.

Comment

Working...
                X