Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Help

Starforce is giving me the error message insert the disc into another drive. I've heard things about diabling IDE drives. How do I do that? Is SC's SF old enough to support that? OR are there SF emulators or anything I could use to do that? Thank you in advance.
    My post count is screwed up...

Originally Posted by chaosuser
    1 ) Make an perfect 1:1 copy of that Game

2 ) Unpluged your IDE - Drives

3 ) Turn CD and Node off with SFN

4 ) Mount it with DT4 and before that turn RMPS on !

5 ) Install

6 ) Ready to play !
    So you had to unplug the IDE cables from your optical drives.
    (I hope, you know what is the IDE cable :wink: )

Comment

YES, BUT DO I HAVE TO OPEN MY COMPUTER UP OR WHAT TO GET TO MY IDE DRIVE? and what's an ide cable look like?

Comment

I do NOT recommend you try to disconnect anything unless you're overly familiar with the parts of a computer. It would be risky to suggest otherwise.

If you want to see a picture, you could have used google.

the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by ShadowFox37
          WHY THE F*CK CAN'T I POST TO THE F*CKING BOARD?!
          >>> The Reason <<<
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I do NOT recommend you try to disconnect anything unless you're overly familiar with the parts of a computer. It would be risky to suggest otherwise.

If you want to see a picture, you could have used google.

http://google.com/images?q=ide+cable
            Aww, hell no... So in other words, I have to open up my computer and all that shit just to get it to work. Every single bloody time I play the game. Right? CT doesn't have an older version of Starforce?

Comment

There's a program called Win2k3 Node Disabler which pretty much does the same thing. You can look into that.
              Will that work?

If it doesn't I'm just going to have to hope to god that I never lose the CD.

Comment

Since SCCT uses Starforce 3.4, Starforce Nightmare and/or Win2k3NodeDisabler have a good chance of working for you.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thank god. 3.4 is one of the older versions right? Is it possible to screw up the system if I do something wrong? And do I have to do this everytime I want to play?

Comment

Originally Posted by ShadowFox37
                    Thank god. 3.4 is one of the older versions right? Is it possible to screw up the system if I do something wrong? And do I have to do this everytime I want to play?
                    Yes Starforce Nightmare can screw up your system, make sure you do a system restore point before using it.

Comment

And ONLY click Disable CD once in SFN if you want to play, and Enable CD (once as well) if you're done playing and want to use your drives again.

Comment

Sorry but can someone quickly explain what a 1:1 copy of something is with Alc. 120%?

Comment

Normally ALL the StarForce version 3-3.4 games are runs
                          perfect with a good CloneImage+DT4+SFN DISABLE CD/NODE
                          Use DT4 EMULATION -> ALL OPTIONS ON (I set this always)
                          All my owns was worked I was made good CloneImage with
                          Alcohol and I put back my Original to the Box. I tested with
                          Cossacks 2+Update v1.1, Beyond Divinity, Chrome Specforce,
                          Splinter Cell C.T. EURO DVD+v1.4 Upd. (v1.5 not tested yet)
                          Blitzkrieg 2 +v1.21 Update, Soldiers HOWWII+Update, D-Day,
                          Codename: Panzers Phase One/Phase Two. SOME of the DVD
                          Original SF has media error on some configurations, but the
                          Original CDs has nothing any problem (strange eh?). I cannot
                          play Codename P. Phase Two DVD (original Boxed DVD) on my
                          Laptop (Gericom) and on another Home PC..
                          Really hard to make a Backup of Splinter Cell C.T. Original DVD,
                          only 1x Read Speed was working.
                          (sorry for my bad English)

Comment

I forgot: on my LG 4480B combo has NOT, but Plextor Premium
                            and LiteOn drive read good Splinter Cell C.T. DVD in Alcohol.
                            Set DPM High/1x, Read Speed 1x, no RMPS. Long time to try,
                            but worked and try on another drive (if possible) if NOT.
                            Some older/cheapest DVD reader was also good.

Comment

Ironside, for help with Alcohol 120% please go to the Alcohol support forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X