disabling IDE on laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabling IDE on laptop

ok..this mite sound stupid but how do u disable IDE on a laptop? there r no plugs 4 it rite?? thanx 4 any help..

Many laptops have removable CD/DVD drives, check if yours has one too. If not, I don't know what else you can do (apart from opening up your laptop and unplugging the drive, obviously, but I wouldn't recommend that).
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      Many laptops have removable CD/DVD drives, check if yours has one too. If not, I don't know what else you can do (apart from opening up your laptop and unplugging the drive, obviously, but I wouldn't recommend that).
      Right, for unplugging my drive i only have to click on a button and then i can plug it out. SFN with disable cd works but if i want click enable cd a bsod appears, so i always plug my drive out. It's very easy for me.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

thanx

thanx but i cant get my drive 2 disconnect.. im using a toshiba laptop btw... is there any commands tht u can use 2 make the laptop disable the IDE drive without manually removin it??

Comment

Read what AnalCobra wrote. There's a program you can download called Starforce Nightmare.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yup.. i have already tried SFnightmare n sfcure.. i din work 4 the game i wanted..UFO aftershock.. guess its juz my luck

Comment

What buttons did you click and in what order? That usually matters but I don't have this game so I can't make a recommendation.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i followed the SCCT guide..
                disable node, disable CD, disable node n then the drive..
                thts the part i think i may screw up.. as i dunno which kind i have (sec master, pri slave or sec slave) i disable all..:p
                does tht affect anything?
                how do u check 4 tht anyway?
                thanx 4 ur help btw..

Comment

Hello

On my misses tosh laptop you simply eject the entire drive! Windows complains but says its ok and still works fine

Bugman

Comment

Laptop User

I am using a Laptop so I cannot actually unplug the IDE drivers!
                    Any help? Is there a way to disaple IDE drivers with software (despite of win device manager)?

Comment

Re: Laptop User

pop3_how?, I've moved your post to this relevant thread.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Starforce 3.6 in a notebook - how to pass???

Hi there!

I'm having some problems running starforce 3.6 games in my notebook, because I cannot unplug my cd/dvd rom like in a desktop computer.

Can someone give me a hint on how to put these games working without umplugging any cable??

Thanks for your help

Comment

fastio, currently there is no way to play StarForce 3.5+ protected games from an optical SCSI drive (such as Daemon Tools' virtual drive) without unplugging your optical IDE drives.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Laptop and StarForce

Hello guys !

This is my 1st in this forum. So, there is my problem : I've got an Acer laptop which the combo connected in usb and I can't unplug it. Is there something to do to bypass (not sure of the word, I'm french) this protection ? The game that I wish to run is toca 3. By the way, I tried to eject the peripheral in full safety (or something like that) and it doesn't work.

Comment

I have a gateway notebook and works awesome....

Hi there,

I just want to write that I Have a gateway notebook and it works awesome, even I do not need to disable the ide drives

Comment

Working...
                              X