serious flaw with 4.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious flaw with 4.00

Ok I didn't like 4.00 since none of the add-ons work for it for mounting so I removed it. But now I can't get ANY of the old versions to work at all. I keep getting TWO identical daemon scsi controllers now with a virtual drive that I can't remove that is titled JZ3322U HBH844J SCSI CdRom Device. Ok how can I fix this issue? It's causing all kinds of problems with my standard burning software so currently I can not use daemon-tools at all because it won't install as a single controller anymore and it's locking up my burn software.

remove dtscsi.sys

remove dtscsi.sys from your
    C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\
    folder and reboot your system

I'm curious, what burning software and version was having issues with your failed uninstall of DAEMON Tools 4?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Same Problem

I had the same problem as you're having now.. My burning software (Nero 7 + Deepburner) stopped working, and the problem seemed to somehow be driver related.. So I tried to uninstall EVERYTHING that had to do with Daemon Tools and STPD + removed cd rom devices so they would reinstall after reboot. However, I kept being asked to install unsigned drivers for the CD-roms and the IDE Controller driver was also messed up.

So I ended up with reinstalling windows XP... don't mean to be discouraging,.. but I really spent ages trying to fix this.. And I'm not going anywhere near DT4 before an update version fixing the most serious issues has been released. It's a great program, but V4 was a dodgy experience from start to beginning for me.. had several other errors as well concerning open handles etc.

Comment

The message about open handles is a new feature

The message about open handles is a new feature! Maybe there will be an advanced install option if you never want to see this warning message. It was specifically requested buy our customers. Previously in DAEMON Tools 3 when you would unmount an image file, open handles would be ignored and the drive would unmount -- possibly breaking programs that were using the virtual drive in the background.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by molitar
          Ok I didn't like 4.00 since none of the add-ons work for it for mounting so I removed it. But now I can't get ANY of the old versions to work at all. I keep getting TWO identical daemon scsi controllers now with a virtual drive that I can't remove that is titled JZ3322U HBH844J SCSI CdRom Device. Ok how can I fix this issue? It's causing all kinds of problems with my standard burning software so currently I can not use daemon-tools at all because it won't install as a single controller anymore and it's locking up my burn software.
          Erm.... Fastmount works fine with d-tools v4.00....
          SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Just curious

I am just curious why everyone (I've seen multiple posts) saying FASTMOUNT does not work with DT 4.00H. I've had both working together ever since I discovered them, and they work great...

when you install FASTMOUNT, you need to open it for the first time. Then you click on the word OPEN near the top and select the location of your daemon-tools.exe file and viola! That's it.

I also turned off the DT secure mode, so when I mount an ISO it won't complain about it...

Comment

Working...
            X