Install/Uninstall problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install/Uninstall problem

When I go to install it, everything runs fine until right after I hit accept on the agreement, it gives me this error ...

SPTDinst.exe - entry point not found

The procedure entry point setupapi.cm_set_hw_prof_flagsa could not be located in the dynamic link library cfgmgr32.dll

I did a hex view of the dll in question and it showed that string.

Then of course it gives me the standard error of "cannot run without sptd v 1.21 running". Obviously.

I tried to uninstall it, and it said could not verify installation. I can remove the files manually, but when I tried to go back to v 3.47 it keeps giving me a 25009 error.

I already fixed things in registry, deleted the files in drivers32 and all that as reccomended in other threads. No help.

If someone can tell me if the SPTDinst.exe can be downloaded SEPERATELY(and where I can get it) then I can probably still use DT4 without a problem. It just needs that part of it installed to function.

That I think is the big problem, its not letting me install the SPTD file through the DT4 install proggy. Has anyone else had this problem? If I could find the DLL in question to download, then perhaps a fresh copy of the file would help. But, has anyone run into this same problem?

Thanks!

Re: SPTDinst.exe - entry point not found

What is your OS version and service pack? What kind of processor are you using? Dual core/ hyperthreading?

Maybe your download was corrupted. I would try downloading again.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X