the ide jammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the ide jammer

not 2 be bothersome but any news as when it will be out its my only hope for trackmania sunrise extreme and other starforce games

When its done
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

OOhhh,i see...this is like ,THEN ?

soulcollecter:GOT IT,pal?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally Posted by MindFever
        OOhhh,i see...this is like ,THEN ?

soulcollecter:GOT IT,pal?!?!?!?!
        I think it should be soon, I hope.

Comment

i'm not a programmer but i think it is hard to make one
          and it must be tested by the crew (ofcourse) and that will take some time

Comment

one thing I don't understand is why Team Daemon Tools developes such a tool at all. There are enough other coders out there that (at least I think so) that are trying to improve Starforce Nightmare or other tools that hide optical IDE drives from Starforce & others.
            So, since the vIDE for customers is almost ready besides the serial protection, where's the point in trying to bring a IDE jammer that others code just aswell?

Comment

Starforce Nightmare vs IDE jammer

I don't think Starforce Nightmare is being made by more than one person. Maybe if the DAEMON'S Home Team makes a jammer then it will be easy to add features and information screens, etc. --Things that might never be seen in other products.

Now that you can see some of the points of having it, do you think its a waste of time, effort, money, what?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

my thought was: bringing an IDE jammer would just be another piece of software that prevents copy protections from noticing that optical IDE drives are present. But since SF even detects drives that were disabled in the BIOS I don't think that putting high quality coding energy (like the one DT Team puts and has put into development of DT & vIDE) into a jammer is worth it. Sooner or later they will find a another way to check IDE drives' presence.

Better put that energy into the further development of vIDE & DT Pro..

Comment

helpful

Constructive criticism is always helpful.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have a suggestion. Since DT is done for community why not allow the community to keep DT up to date. I've been complaining about enourmous delays between DT releases since after DT becomes blacklisted it is nothing more but an image mounter and popular only because it allows fast mounting. The real applications are SD4Hide, SD7Stop, VirtualCDHide, SFNightmare, SFCure.

Could it be done that you would provide a playground for fast future addons, 3rd party plugins? Meaning that you would provide enough documentation for plugins, but not enough to make it easy for protections to do blacklists.

I'm not sure how much coorporation can be done, but I'm sure its duable at least that you would load the plugin and integrate its functionality into DT.
                    For example load SD4Hide and SD7Stop and when DT detects particular protection it would run either. In the simplest way all what developers of those applications have to do is provide some sort of commandline functions, could be as basic as:
                    sd4hide -run / -restore

If both sides would do their job, DT could have the biggest share in ever growing popularity of protection removal. Since cracks are dying very fast this methods at the moment are the most reliable solution.

Comment

Working...
                    X