Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What anti black listing tools work with DT4, any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What anti black listing tools work with DT4, any?

I've been trying to install a few new games (I won't mention the title, they're new gen safe disc). With dt 3.x I could use safedisc4 hider, or sr7stop, or virtualcdhide, etc. But with DT 4.x they don't recognize any virtual drives installed. I'd really hate to revert to a previous version just for this, and I haven't seen anybody complain about this yet. Am I missing something?

I also can't wait till awx or fastmount get updated for DT4, it seems pretty nice so far, I just want it to work like DT3 did.

You don't need any anti-blacklisting tools with Daemon Tools v4 because it isn't blacklisted by any copy protection.

However, most current copy protections blacklist all SCSI drives if any optical IDE drives are found in the system. There are some tools that circumvent this: StarForce Nightmare, SafeDisc 4 Hider, SecuROM v7 Burner Loader... all to be found on cdmediaworld.com.

With the newest versions of StarForce (> 3.4.x) these won't work anymore though, you'll need to unplug your optical drives.

(Before someone starts yet another discussion on this, it MAY be possible to run these games without any additional tools, but we don't know why yet.)
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Or delete them from device manager

Comment

Working...
      X