• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install/lang support Problem

Windows XP SP2
    3.47 ( Not bothering with V4 )

Bug

Im not very good with computers but I have used Daemon tools before and Its worked fine...

I went to update to v4 but it crashed me and would not run. Fair enough, I was going to go back to the older version but now when I try to install it crashes before the install completes and says theres no language support.

I took steps to completely Remove every trace of Daemon tools with help from the forums here. (Yes, I Had totally removed Daemon tools) then I restarted. And tried to install Version 4 again just to try it. Yet again I crashed. So I removed it completely once again.

I went to install 3.47 after the reboot and it crashed before the installation could complete. And when I tried to run Daemon it said there was no language support.

I removed Daemon once more and tried this again but the same problem occurs.

I read something about a registry removal through windows updates or something And I have no understanding of that or how to fix the problem if that has anything to do with it. But the program has Always been 100% reliable until I tried to update to version 4. Then tried getting back to the older version and now the setup doesn't even work

Remember Im not very good with computers but I can follow instructions if anyone knows how to fix this. Couldn't see the problem in the forums. Just seperate problems. I think this is more than one problem I have no idea...

Does the computer crash, or just the setup? If it's the computer, check under C:\Windows\minidump for the latest dmp file (the name includes the creation date). If there is one, send it to support@daemon-tools.cc and reference your thread here.

Comment

Re: language support message during install of 3.47

Can you upload a screenshot of the language support error message? Normally you'll see a message like this when running daemon.exe AFTER the installation. But from what you say you're seeing a setup error message.

fyi: sites like photobucket.com allow free image uploading.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Same problem

I have 3.47 install for a long time.
        I decide to install 4.0, and I have lot's of crash at the end of installation, and at the end the the reboot.
        By rename the DT folder, in safe mode, I arrrive to boot again.
        I lauch the un-install, and rename dtscsi.sys & sptd.sys

I decide to go back to 3.47. But the system crash before the end of installation.
        After the reboot, the disk is present, but I have the language problem if I try to lunch DT

If can can help me (I send minidump to dt team)

Comment

Working...
        X