Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Starforce 3

Hello,

First of all, I would like to congratulate the whole Deamon Tools team for their awsome work

Now, here is my problem.
    I have a game, The Moment Of Silence, which is protected by Starforce 3.
    I have this game since one year and I never been able to play it due to Starforce protection.

As the new version of Deamon Tools v4 support Starforce 3, I have installed the game from my image, deactivated all my IDE drives and launch it.
    What a nice day, it works

But, when I tried to start the game for the second time, Starforce told me that the Key I have entered isinvalid (But my Key is correct)
    And now, every time I launch the game I have the same error

But, here is the best.
    I let my PC turned on all the night and the morning, I have retried once more time.
    Miracle, I can play the game.
    So, I have left the game and immediatly launched it.
    I have the same error the the day before

So, Here are my question:
    1. Is there a place where Starforce store informations into registry or file about the drive who launch game, drive ID, ... in order to delete these information
    2. Why Deamon Tools can only launch the game one time per day?
    3. Is there a way to change dynamically the ID of the virtual drive of Deamon Tools (In order to verify if Starforce store and Blacklist this ID somewhere)

I hope you could help me.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Hi,

I have some good news

I have investigated about my problem and I have found some interesting things.
    First of all, I can play the game when I want

I have found that the game store informations here
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\House of Tales\The Moment of Silence\sfkeys.fr\HardwareProfile_0000000x (x is a counter)

It looks like a blacklist of the drive name.
    So If I delete this key and if I restart Deamon Tools, the game works each time I launch it.

Why do I need to restart Deamon Tools to play the game?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
    X