Problem with Laptop!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Laptop!!!

Hi, i'm a new user of DT, i've got a Laptop, with wireless adapter, and i can't use it after i installed DT.
    My wireless adapter is a intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG adapter, what can i do?
    The installation program told me something like " If you are using xxx adapters, you shouldn't install this program"!!!!!!

TNKS!!!

... ( setup warning )

I don't think DAEMON Tools presents that warning message. Are you referring to a message that said "This programm will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer. WARNING - STPD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE,WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine" ?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It does seem that SPTD doesn't like us travellers

jpcastedo might have made some mistakes, but there's definitely something wrong with the SPTD. I also have a laptop, with a 2200BG adapter and an integrated Texas Instrument PCIxx21 card reader. These two appear to have developed strange behaviours after upgrading DT 4.0.3HE with the SPTD (I had been using the old DT 3.x without problems). The wireless adapter's sensitivity drop considerably and the card reader cannot stop/eject its media using the "Safe Remove Hardware" (which is so annoying because I had to use the card regularly )

Does anybody have similar problem and would kindly share his/her solution?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Please Help!

I got the same problem, and I really need to get this to work again. HOW do I get my wireless to work again?

After I said yes to that:
        "This programm will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer. WARNING - STPD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE,WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine"

It stopped working - Please help.. Im going out of my mind ! ... I Really need this kernel mode debuggers to work again...

Comment

Hi jpcastedo

I had the same problem, if you still in the problem read this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx Then you can go back to a working session before you installed disabled that .. thing..

Cool

Comment

Working...
          X