disabling the IDE channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabling the IDE channel

How do you disable the IDE Channel? I can see the primary and secondary in the device manager, but there's only an uninstall option. I've also tried that starforce program, but I don't know which one to disable, and when I tried disable all it restarted the computer and I never messed with it again for fear what it might do to my system.

My problem is I'm trying to load an image with D-tools 4.0, but it also says I need to disable the IDE channel for the ODD or dvd/cd-r drive.

Originally Posted by kmansp
    How do you disable the IDE Channel? I can see the primary and secondary in the device manager, but there's only an uninstall option. I've also tried that starforce program, but I don't know which one to disable, and when I tried disable all it restarted the computer and I never messed with it again for fear what it might do to my system.

My problem is I'm trying to load an image with D-tools 4.0, but it also says I need to disable the IDE channel for the ODD or dvd/cd-r drive.
    OMG! Did you disable them all? You should be grateful that your computer is even running.
    The only functions you should need to use is "disable cd" and "enable cd".

Comment

Are you talking about when I used starforce? Yeah, it definately wasn't good. That's why I haven't used it since.

But how do you disable the IDE channel for the CD-R drive?

Comment

Tried expanding DVD/CD-ROM drives in device manager, right clicking your DVD drive and select disable?

Comment

Originally Posted by kmansp
          I've also tried that starforce program
          What Starforce program? What game are you trying to play? Does Methadon's suggestion above work?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            What Starforce program? What game are you trying to play? Does Methadon's suggestion above work?
            I thought he meant SFN, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
            X