GoogleDekstopCrawl - daemon.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoogleDekstopCrawl - daemon.dll

After installing Daemon Tools v4 I now recieve an error from GoogleDesktopCrawl that says "Cannot start application because daemon.dll cannot be found. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem." I've tried uninstalling Daemon Tools twice with no luck.

Originally Posted by MrOuijaAK
    After installing Daemon Tools v4 I now recieve an error from GoogleDesktopCrawl that says "Cannot start application because daemon.dll cannot be found. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem." I've tried uninstalling Daemon Tools twice with no luck.
    I too get the same error, only I get it at start up using XP and also navigating through the start menu, mainly in the programs sub folder.

Comment

I've got that problem too!

Comment

Does it happen with Google desktop version 1 or 2?

Comment

I use Version 2!

Comment

This is still happening. I've tried uninstalling Google Desktop and Daemon Tools both completely (including the indexes for Google Desktop) and reinstalling them in different orders. Nothing has worked to fix it.

Comment

hmmmm

i gather that this has been happening to a good number of google desktop users for a while now... i'm surprised that no solution has been posted yet. I tried find out what googledesktopcrawl.exe actually does (as it is one of 3-4 processes that google desktop opens) but I haven't much luck so far (apparently doesn't have anything to do with indexing though).
              Last edited by Houses0nfire; 15.02.2006, 02:35.

Comment

Try this

Originally Posted by MrOuijaAK

Did you uninstall version 3x before installing v4? If not you need to remove all entries that relate to v3x in your registry. I suggest you remove this entry and try again (this is the old instalation folder)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\D-Tools

This should definately solve the start up problem. Let me know how you get on.
                When hell is full, the dead shall walk the earth.

Comment

solution

Just find a place where you can download deamon.dll (eg: http://www.afreedll.com/dll/info/daemon_dll.html), place it in your system32 folder. This helped for me, both google desktop search and deamon tools are wordking fine.

Greets
                  Hansje

Comment

Working...
                  X