Problem burning or mounting ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem burning or mounting ISO

I'm new to working with ISOs, I tried burning one a few times and it never plays after I burn it. I heard about Daemons Tools - which "mounts" and ISO image. Truthfully I have no clue what I'm doing. Could somebody give me info on how to burn or mount this ISO. It's a movie ISO by the way. Thanks.

What did you want to burn?
    ISO's aren't good for copying games!
    You need Alcohol 120% Images (mdf-mds).
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by stadrum923
      I'm new to working with ISOs, I tried burning one a few times and it never plays after I burn it. I heard about Daemons Tools - which "mounts" and ISO image. Truthfully I have no clue what I'm doing. Could somebody give me info on how to burn or mount this ISO. It's a movie ISO by the way. Thanks.
      I would go for Blindwrite 5.2.23.156...use automatic settings is really straightforward. I dont recommend Alcohol 120 at the moment because starforce interferes with its reading burning abilties where as Blindwrite (the new version) is ok.

First it will make three files which makes up your Image file similar to an ISO except the two smaller files contain the information of "what data goes where on the disk" rather like the spokes of a wheel! This is what a lot of protections look for....of course an iso is just the data without the "measurement" of where the data must be...got it?

Alcohol makes two files for an image.....one for the DPM (data precision measurement).........this is what starforce is now disabling so go for Blindwrite for now untill the new Alcohol is available v 3105+ ok?

These new image files can be mounted on Daemon Tools virtual drives and played successfully becase they contain the DPM....or sometimes referred to as "topology" of the original disk...i hope this helps...

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away......
      ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Originally Posted by stadrum923
        Sorry but i noticed you say its a movie iso?

Have you installed a DVD decoder like Power DVD? that could help

Also with Daemon tools running in the taskbar..right click..virtual cd dvd rom.........device 0 no media....mount image .....find the iso you wanna mount open it and thats it.....if you wanna unmount it it is the same but in reverse...have fun.......
        ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Working...
        X