The Movies Image Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Movies Image Problem

I'm having troubles. I make a CD image, and i put it in with Daemon Tools, but when I start it up, it says "The Movies has had an error, and needs to close." How do I fix this?"

Which software/-settings did you use to create the image? The Movies is protected with SafeDisc 4.6, you'll need StarForce Nightmare to disable your optical IDE Drives (click Disable CD) before you can play.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      Which software/-settings did you use to create the image? The Movies is protected with SafeDisc 4.6, you'll need StarForce Nightmare to disable your optical IDE Drives (click Disable CD) before you can play.
      But some people doesn't have to unplug anything with SafeDisc 4.6, you said earlier that this could have something to do with nForce3 chipset. Have you done anymore research on that?
      I have a nForce3 chipset and I don't have do unplug anything with SafeDisc 4.6 games.

Comment

Just to confirm, you can play SafeDisc 4.6-protected games without additional tools while optical IDE drives are present and usable in your system?

What about StarForce-protected games?
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Just to confirm, you can play SafeDisc 4.6-protected games without additional tools while optical IDE drives are present and usable in your system?

For me yes and no. Some new SD 4 Games are working without any other Tools, but NFS MW needs SD4Hide for me and thats the only one expect King Kong. And i have nForce 4 so i think its not really Chipset based. Chipset and some Hardware together is the point why it works on some maschines without any other tools.

For a friend MFS MW doesnt work with SD4Hide, unplug etc.

@ Deadrocks: this Error Sounds like a failure during install, try compatiblity Mode Win 2000 or Win 98.
          You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
          sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Yes I can play SafeDisc 4.6 protected games with my optical IDE drives present and without any antiblacklisting tools.

I havn't tried so many Starforce games because I don't like having does drivers on my computer.
            I'm not willing to support game companies that uses starforce protections on their games.

Comment

Since I can play my "The Movies" Dvd image as well without hiding any device or antiblacklisting tool, has anybody reached a conclusion as to the reason of such a thing?
              Or perhaps some generalization of rule or something.. I mean, why Starforce no, and Safedisc yes.. Man I wish I had some tech docs about these protections.. Or sources..
              Or perhaps should I try also a Starforce image without hiding anything? I'm afraid of blacklists though. I've already asked this in another thread but nobody answered, so I'm askin' it again since it relates to this as well: once blacklisting happens, is it permanent, needs hd format or what?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Calaf
                once blacklisting happens, is it permanent
                Once you fix the blacklist by removing the cause you'll either see results instantly or after a reboot. But there is no universal rule, that's just what happens in my experience. And keep in mind we are trying to summarize all game protections and blacklists in one sentence.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                X