Sims2 Nightlife problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims2 Nightlife problem

This is my first time trying DT no less DT4. I am a user of A120.

My backup copy of The Sims2 - Nightlife works just fine under A120. I just mount it and run it. Nothing else is needed.

After I installed DT4 I can no longer run the game using A120. To make matters worse I can't run it with DT4 either. When I try with A120 or DT4 I get the opening screen on my desktop that says the name of the game and then it ends. No messages, no nothing. Uninstalling DT4 will once again enable me to run the game with A120.

My DVD burner is disconnected. I set the number of virtual drives in A120 to 0 hoping it would run under DT4. It did not. I even tried running SD4hide but that gives me a Windows error when I run the game.

All I haven't done yet was to completely uninstall A120 but I want to do this as a last resort since I really don't know if my problem lies somewhere else. This is why I come to you.

Any ideas to get it working again? Why isn't it working under A120 after installing DT4? At this point I would be happy if I could get either one to work.

Thanks.

Thought you might like an update on this problem.

I eventually uninstalled DT4 and A120%. I rebooted and installed DT4. Sims2-NL now works just fine with DT4.

I am hesitant to reinstall A120 thinking it might 'screw' me up again. Anyone running both?

I did have some problems with the pass-thru driver however. Couldn't boot with it all of a sudden. Had to get rid of the module in Safe Mode and manually get rid of DT4. A reinstall seems to be holding so far.

Comment

an sptd thing ; then pointing to thread Black Mirror

If you have problems with SPTD please check the event log and report what you see. Usually these problems are not reproduceable but sorry to hear you had an issue with it.

For an interesting method of using Alcohol see this post.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have had an issue with Sims 2 nightlife and DT4 but its strange. IF DT4 is installed Sims 2 causes an error, with image mounted, it reconizes it as a valid CD, but when it runs, it does a "Sims 2 has caused an error", Now simply uninstalling DT4, cures the problem, looking at the dump file from sims2 it metions an error with the kernal. Im not sure exactly but I think that scsi layer that is says its installing might be the problem..on mine anyway, Im not sure, just something I noticed, and Im not complaining about it either. Just though I would mention it incase it was important.

Comment

Re: The Sims 2 Nightlife expansion pack

True_Predator, try playing from the image file with the safedisc emulation checkbox unchecked.
          Last edited by Underheaven; 05.12.2005, 07:21.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

hmm Thank You, never thought about that...

Comment

XP pro and windowserror

I think I'm missing something, but I'm getting desperate:

Nightlife runs smoothly with original disc.
              After install DT 4.03, Nightlife on original disc causes windows error. No image loaded, with or without safedisc emulation, doesn't matter.
              Uninstall DT, problem is gone!

With or without Alcohol installed, Nero Imagedrive not installed.

Comment

i have exactly the same problem. I need to uninstall DT4.03, to play the sims2. With DT installed, it doesn't run neither with an image nor with the original CD. Withn the DT 3, it worked fine both ways.

Comment

Update

Sorry, but returning to 3.47 doesn't help either.

Comment

Did you tried with all emulations turned off ?
                    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Nightlife

I think I've tried all possible variations, all on, all off, only one on, only one off, reboot after changing emulation, you name it.

Comment

keesirene, I'm really only guessing here, but what software have you installed that may interfere with the system, such as Antivirus software, Firewalls, Anti-Spyware,... everything that's active all the time?

Have you ever used any regcleaners, or deleted files of which you didn't know what they do, for example because some anti spyware program told you so?
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Well, I've got Grisoft's AVG Free edition running, Spybot Search and destroy, no firewall on this computer (I have a Coyotelinux-machine as firewall), and I do, from time to time, use Registry Mechanic and allways follow their advise to solve the problems RM found.
                          It's a pretty clean machine since I had to install from scratch two weeks ago.
                          Please keep guessing!

Comment

Well, most files or reg keys are there for a reason, and however great a reg cleaner is, it can never anticipate which program needs which files with total success.

I always strongly discourage using reg cleaners. In my opinion, the reputed speed improvement from deleting a few registry keys is not worth the potential trouble. But that only as a side note.

I'm using the commercial version of AVG without ever having run into problems, so for now I'd rule that out. If you haven't made any significant changes to the system with SS&D, I don't suppose that'd be the culprit either.

An (admittedly wag-style) option would be to make a backup of your system and reinstalling Windows (without formatting!) to see if that solves your problem. Another, more elegant yet more complicated way to find the problem is using FileMon and RegMon to see which files and registry keys the game tries and fails to access. But especially with reg keys, you'll always get keys that haven't been found, even though the game is running flawlessly.
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                            X