Star Wars Battlefront II x64 windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Battlefront II x64 windows

Star wars battlefront II on x64 windows. When I open it it says this, "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original "BattlefrontII" disc in drive I:." Drive I is a physcal DVD writer drive

Well of course this means it doesn't even see the mounted image, but even if it did see the image, SR7.stop says there is nothing to hide. The game worked perfectly when I was using windows xp pro 32 bit, so I can only assume this has something to do with x64 window. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Deactivate your ide drives in Device Manager or with SFN.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
      Deactivate your ide drives in Device Manager or with SFN.

I'll try using the Device manager, but what is SFN? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I really don't know Thanks.

Comment

Hah, it worked. Thanks alot I really appreciate it. Although I'm a little confused, why does it work when there are no optical devices detected? Is that just a bug in the securom thing? I don't understand it at all really, can someone post a link to some information on securom? I am curious now. Thanks.

Comment

SecuROM, Safedisc and Starforce protected games refuse to run from a SCSI drive (Daemon Tools is still a SCSI drive), as long as they find IDE optical drives in your system.
          This way they try to blacklist all virtual drives.

You're lucky the game has no Starforce on it, because the IDE detection in Starforce is way more advanced. It still sees your drives, even after disabling them in device manager and/or bios.

Comment

SFN=StarForce Nightmare
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
              SecuROM, Safedisc and Starforce protected games refuse to run from a SCSI drive (Daemon Tools is still a SCSI drive), as long as they find IDE optical drives in your system.
              This way they try to blacklist all virtual drives.

You're lucky the game has no Starforce on it, because the IDE detection in Starforce is way more advanced. It still sees your drives, even after disabling them in device manager and/or bios.
              Just connect your physical ide Roms to either: A: ide controller card B: an ide to usb adapter cable or C:a ide to SATA adapter, t

you will not have to disable any roms when playing from an image as starforce can no longer interfere with your drives......

Starforce is rendered completely useless...........

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away................
              ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Any Theories?

Hey guys,
                I was able to successfully launch Battlefront 2 at the expense of disconnecting my IDE CD-ROM drive.
                I run a SATA hard drive so I don't encounter any problems disabling IDE drives if necessary.

However, BF2 has got me confused.
                I created my own backup which had an inferior mds, probably imprecise information, so I downloaded one from Gamecopyworld, now it will run. Now I have this problem where the game exits back to the desktop upon imdediately attempting to play a level. Any ideas?

I thought it might be a blacklisting problem but what can help with blacklisting in x64 windows?

If anyone can shine light on how to run a BF2 backup on Windows x64 edition, please let me know and the rest of the 64bit community.

Thanks.
                -The Reaper

Comment

Very Important

Hey There,
                  In regards to your question, I did get x64 Battlefront running but like I said, I encounter the game exiting at points of the game (annoying).

This does work:

(1) Go to www.Gamecopyworld.com and download a new release mini image.

(2) Make a backup of the Original DVD by using Image Making Wizard in Alcohol 120% (Yes I know it won't install!)

(3) During the installation of alcohol, when you get the error message, quickly jump to the install directory and copy the all the files there and move them to a different location (then you can run alcohol from there without the emulation needs).

(4) Make a backup using Securom settings.

(5) Replace the MDS file of your backup with the one you found on the GCW website.

(6) Mount in D-Tools (no options necessary).

(7) Play the game!

Note: If you get the message again, disconnect your CDROM drive at the IDE cable.

Also, do not try to use Anti-blacklisting software with x64, it will not work or make things worse.

I hope this sheads some light on your situation, hopefully you won't encounter the drop out problem that even LEGIT copy owners are experiencing (LEGIT = meaning using Original CD)

Have fun!
                  -The Reaper:wink:

Comment

The "old" Star Wars Battlefront works perfect, also latest
                    updated, but SW Battlefront II has problems running on x64
                    OS. Give it a try the SW BFII v1.0B Dedicated Server Update,
                    maybe more chance (this is my tip, I didn't try):
                    ftp://ftp.physics.auth.gr:21/pub/mir...ont2v10bds.zip
                    I uninstalled the game and removed x64 shortly after much of
                    the drivers/software problems...

Comment

Hello

I've a problem with battlefront 2, too. It won't work on my Windows XP x64 Edition. I cant install it cause of an error, which i also get at Prince of Persia T2T. I asked the UBI Help Center guys. They said that these two games are only developed for 2000/XP. Is there any way to play this 2 games ?

Thanks !

Comment

Probably not. You may try some compatibility modes for the game exe files, but they probably just won't work.

Please only talk english in the english forums.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

What error do you get during install? Some software detects XP64 and won't install but an edit of the msi file will allow it to install, an example of this is X2 the Threat.

Comment

Hi, i cant find the thread, please give me the link or help me via icq..

thanks

Comment

What thread are you talking about?
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X