Softice and DT v4.00 (4.01)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softice and DT v4.00 (4.01)

So does this mean I can't install SoftIce later on? Why's that? What are the consequences? Will SoftIce still work if I disable DT, or remove it?

Originally Posted by IlyaZ
    So does this mean I can't install SoftIce later on? Why's that? What are the consequences? Will SoftIce still work if I disable DT, or remove it?
    It will work if you uninstall DT4/Drivers, and possibly if the drivers and Daemon-Tools are disabled from starting (need Devs to confirm that however so don't take my word fully for the second part)

As far as consequences, probably will detect SoftIce running and either not allow itself to be loaded (to prevent debugging) or prevent SoftICE from loading while it is running.

I am just going on a limb here to answer, so someone from the dev team ect.. will have to correct me if im wrong.
    Last edited by Dllfile; 27.11.2005, 06:26.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

what other debuggers

anything from visual studio 2005 that might conflict with daemon tools. or any thing like the debuggertools from microsoft that you need to be installed for process explorer from sysinternals.com?

Comment

so what you're saying is that they made it to protect DT from traitors working for evil companies?

But then it's no hardware problem or something like that, if I get it right?

Comment

Working...
        X