Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows cannot read from this disk. etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows cannot read from this disk. etc...

Hey,

Everytime I try to mount an image using D-tools, the virtual drive changes from a DVD drive to a cd drive and I get the message 'Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.' I'm not sure when this started happening but I used to be able to mount images fine without any problems on my desktop for the past year or so i think. I'm running a P4 2.0ghz, 768mb comp, OS: winXP pro 5.1 SP2.
    I have tried testing the image on my laptop and it mounted fine so I know the image isn't corrupt. I've tried mounting the image on both version 3.47 and 4 on my desktop and I still get the message. Also tried running it in safe mode in case of any software conflicts, double checked regedit for any undeleted d-tool keys to ensure full removal of D-tool removal when I reinstalled from 3.47 to 4 (manually uninstalled 3.47 and installed 4.0) and even checked the system32/drivers folder for any D-tool files.
    I'm pretty much running out of ideas to get D-tools to mount images on my desktop, and i'm pretty close to resorting to formatting my main drive...
    So if anyone knows what's going on my desktop, please do tell and also any suggestions to try to fix it are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Kura

Common Problems and Solutions

What CD/DVD-ROM drivers are listed for your real CD drives in device manager?
    Last edited by Underheaven; 05.12.2005, 05:25.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

My real drives are as follows:

Mitsumi CD-rom FX54++w
      Ricoh CD-rw MP7320A

Driver Info:
      Provider - Microsoft
      Date - 1/07/2001
      Version - 5.1.2535.0

I'm not quite sure if this was the info you were looking for.. If it's not, could you maybe explain how to get the info needed. I notice my driver is way out of date... do I need to update this to run D-tools?

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

See this post for a little how-to in determining the drivers in use.
        Last edited by Underheaven; 07.12.2005, 04:16.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I've looked in the drivers. It contains cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, pfc.sys, PxHelp20.sys, redbook.sys and storprop.dll.

I've looked at the additional filter drivers page as well... I can still see both my real cd drives fine after I mount an image. I just can't access that image, even though the image isn't corrupt.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kura View Post
            Hey,
            Everytime I try to mount an image using D-tools, the virtual drive changes from a DVD drive to a cd drive and I get the message 'Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.' I'm not sure when this started happening but I used to be able to mount images fine without any problems on my desktop for the past year or so i think. I'm running a P4 2.0ghz, 768mb comp, OS: winXP pro 5.1 SP2.
            I have tried testing the image on my laptop and it mounted fine so I know the image isn't corrupt. I've tried mounting the image on both version 3.47 and 4 on my desktop and I still get the message. Also tried running it in safe mode in case of any software conflicts, double checked regedit for any undeleted d-tool keys to ensure full removal of D-tool removal when I reinstalled from 3.47 to 4 (manually uninstalled 3.47 and installed 4.0) and even checked the system32/drivers folder for any D-tool files.
            I'm pretty much running out of ideas to get D-tools to mount images on my desktop, and i'm pretty close to resorting to formatting my main drive...
            So if anyone knows what's going on my desktop, please do tell and also any suggestions to try to fix it are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
            Kura
            Don't panic, it's not because of your computer. The same happens to me. It's probably because of the Windows, I've tried to mount an image with a thing made by microsoft especially for xp, but it did the same thing. It's getting frustrating. I can't do anything and I've tried a lot of things.
            So. if anyone knows a solution, pls help.

Comment

Working...
            X