No announcement yet.

Installed DMT x64 but no drive visible and nothing happens when mounting a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed DMT x64 but no drive visible and nothing happens when mounting a file

I just installed DMT x64 the install went fine but the drive will not appear in "my computer" i can see under administative tools/computer management/removeble storage that the scsi drive exist and has the drive letter (R)
    I try to mount mds/mdf and cue/bin files but nothing happens,also restarted the comp several times installed DMT 4 x64 3 times but still not working.
    I have no other virtual drive running the one in Roxio is disabled.
    I have a asus a8n sli premium board.
    I have 1 ide drive
    I have 7 maxtor sata drives and not working as raid.
    I have a athlon 64 3500+

It is strange that no DMT4 x64 drive shows up in "my computer"

I hope that you guys can help me with this one.

Thanks in advance.

ysco.

Fixed the problem but there is something wrong when installing DMT4 x64 if the nforce4 drivers already exists on the system.

I first uninstalled all burning software to see if that caused the problem but it didn`t worked.
    So i did a clean install off windows x64 and installed only the nvidia drivers and then i try`t installing DMT4 x64 and guess what, it also didn`t work.
    So i did again a clean install and installed this time no nvidia drivers but first but DMT4 x64 and guess what it worked.
    After that i have installed the nvidia drivers and after every reboot i checked if DMT4 x64 still worked and looked if the drive still exists.
    I have installed everything now and also all burning software like Roxio,imgburn,clonedvd and it is still working.
    So the problem has to do with the nforce drivers cause if they already are installed then DMT4 x64 fails and no virtual drive is present then.

ysco.
    Last edited by ysco; 29.11.2005, 22:21.

Comment

that's very interesting. i have the latest nforce 4 installed on my winxp 64 and i installed dt4 64bit fine. what was the nforce 4 version when you had problem installing dt4 64bit? i'm glad it's working for you though.

Comment

The drivers that where installed on my system the first install off DMT4 x64 before i did a clean install where the nForce4_x16_6.82_winxp2k_international version

The second time after a clean install i installed first the nForce4_amd_6.69_winxp64_english_whql and then installed DMT4 x64 and it whas not working then.

The third time i did a clean install and no nvidia drivers installed and DMT4 x64 worked right away,after that i installed the nForce4_amd_6.69_winxp64_english_whql and all other software and DMT4 x64 is working perfect now.

ysco.

Comment

First off, nForce4_x16_6.82_winxp2k_international version
          should only be used if u have a nForce4 AMD/Intel X16 chipset and x32 OS like Windows XP or Windows 2000

Also did you do a full install of nForce4_amd_6.69_winxp64_english_whql.

From my previous experience with nForce4 drivers I do not install the IDE or Ethernet options only SMBus and Audio since personally I've always had problems after installing the IDE and Ethernet options, but glad to hear that its working for you now.

Comment

Installed all x64 nForce4 options months ago and it worked fine!

Hey I Installed all x64 nForce4 options months ago and it worked fine, in fact almost to good, i dont have to uninstall or unplug any of my ide optical drives, and also i'm runing the nForce raid controller with zero problems, it really seems DT4 is very system picky and specific, some, like me, have no problems what so ever, and others, lucky not me, have to reinstall and all that other stuff

Comment

Working...
            X