Need both CloneCD and BlindWrite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need both CloneCD and BlindWrite?

I've been playing around with CloneCD (latest) and BlindWrite (latest) the last few days and it seems that neither seems to do everything I want.

CloneCD does not handle SecuROM *new* 4.x discs correctly (BlindWrite needs bwa files to handle these).

BlindWrite doesn't appear to be able to write any image formats besides b5t. None of the image conversion utilities I can find handle b5t files. This is important to me as Mini Image Ripper doesn't support b5t images directly and can be used to reduce images necessary for most games to about 23MB (saving lots of disk space).

Considering Blindwrite files can be mounted to Daemon-Tools, there really is no need to convert the images you make with Bw5, However, Alcohol 120% is also widely used and the mds/mdf image files can also be mounted to Daemon-Tools.

My advice, stick with Blindwrite or Alcohol 120%. CloneCD can still be used for some things, but BW and A120 handles some of the newer protections a bit better IMO.

And UltraISO can convert from one format to another, including BW5, however, im not sure that the protection info on the new image that was converted will remain valid. At least for some it doesnt, such as I converted a BW5 to MDS/MDF and it no longer worked when mounted,but for some others it worked np, so again, it is not 100% perfect, but works.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Working...
    X