DVD-RW and Virtual Driver (Code 41)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-RW and Virtual Driver (Code 41)

I run x64 and tried out daemon tools last night. I was over joyed, it worked wonderful. Today I turn on my computer and noticed my D: and E: are gone. I look in the device manager and seen yellow explanation marks on the dvd-rw and virtual drive which read:

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

I uninstalled daemon tools, and dvd-rom, reboot and it detects the dvd-rom but then says theres a problem with it and has the same message as above.. At this point I just want my dvd-rw back, I can't do anything now =[

I fixed it by removing the UpperFilter key in the registry, what m$ told me to do on the knowledge base. Now my sound is half broken. The only way I can play games and hear them is by turning off acceleration. With acceleration on I get:

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x80070057 (Invalid argument(s))

Any ideas?

Comment

Restore an older registry backup

Restore an older registry backup or use a system restore point or ask a friend what value the UpperKey should be.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I just put windows 32-bit back in.. 64-bit isn't ready yet for home use even after 2 years developers have had it

Comment

Can you please specify what driver was present in this UpperFilter?

Comment

Working...
          X