Problems with Activision installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Activision installer

The last 3 Activision games I've tried to install, i've gotten the same problems each time. I mount the disc(s) and start the installation as usual. When it reaches 100%, the installer shuts down and deletes all the installed files.

I've downloaded the new Daemon tools version, turned on Safedisc emulation, but still the same problems. Anyone had any experience with this?

Okay, we need more information:
    • Which games do you have problems with?
    • What copy protection is used on those games (use Aray Scanner to find out)
    • How did you create the images
      1. What software,
      2. what settings,
      3. what image format and
      4. which drive did you use to create the images?
    • In case you used Alcohol and the games are protected with StarForce or SecuROM: Did you have any StarForce-protected game installed when you created the images?

Without that kind of information, it could literally be anything that interferes with the installation process, even something as mundane as a full harddisc.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The games I have had troubles with are: Gun, The Movies and Call of Duty 2.

My mate who helped me with this told me this: The files are all .iso files. I think he used Alcohol to make them, im not sure. They are all protected by Safedisc 4.60

I read somewhere here on the forums that I should use alcohol and make them into .mds files and use sd4hide, but I still got the same result. My HDs has plenty of space. I also believe I would got an error message if that was the cause?

Comment

Install from the original discs. If the problem goes away, re-make the images (use slower speeds this time).
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

You can't make a "good mds image" from a "bad iso image", in the iso file the necessary information is already lost. Create new images from your originals in mds file format, using Alcohol 120% and SafeDisc setting.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
          X